rauchman

Thoughts on this pistol...

Greetings all,

I'd like to get the crowds thoughts on this sample of SIG pistoliciousness!!! It is German made w/ the higher quality bits. I have a '96 P226 that I like, and more importantly, the wife loves :dancing:. Also being that I have 2 PP's to burn and I'm kind of Glock'ed and M&P'ed, and well PLASTIC'ed out, I really digging the idea of this pistol. Don't get wrong, I love my G19's and the M&P I have is really growing on me, but, well, I could kind of justify to the wife that it would be a perfect compliment to "her" P226, and it would be for "her" :derisive: :rolleyes:

In seriousness, my buddy is a SIG'aholic and his P229 .40 from '96 or so, is really nice. I've had the opportunity to handle and shoot the thing a bit recently and the trigger is really smooth. He put Hogue G10 grips on it w/ Meprolights and the thing is a dart shooter. My cousin has a P229 9mm that I've shot a couple of times and it feels like I'm shooting my P226. Really nice handling pistol. As a comparison, I've shot a P228 a few times and if felt snappier than a P229 9mm.

Thoughts????

I bought one because they are different. The parts are fitted better than in the US but will still have a MIM hammer I believe.

German guns have better triggers, I haven't even seen mine yet but trust the ffl that said it was on perfect. I also use Hogue G10 grips on every SIG I own, this way they all have the same feel/ grip

Okay, adding more info.

The 228 has a carbon steel foolded slide and uses a breach block. The slide is lighter and you should feel a difference. The slide feels more balanced to me than a p229 in 9mm but that is me.

The 96 p229 was a good time for sigs. Besides the fact that after 16 years, I bet all the parts are worn in well. I shoot the p228/9 gun well. I tend to shooot better with the p226 when I shoot it because of it's longer sight radius.

be careful with women and sigs. I've had my wife grab my p220 elite carry out of the safe and bring it down stairs. Pull out a permit and say I want this. I just gave it up. That and her p228 are her favorite guns and pretty much all she shoots.

i was set on cz 75b (p-01 or sp-01) in 9mm but somehow ended up getting the sig p229r instead. I have fairly small hands, and the sig just fit perfectly (more perfectly than the cz, probably because the trigger tad sits closer in double action than in cz.) But that just depends on individual's hands.

The p229 shoots beautifully right out of the box, and is super comfortable. Seems your wife already loves the p226 (which im assuming it's kinda "yours") but just to compare, I would still recommend trying out a CZ 75b (if you/she can find one to shoot) the CZ is super accurate, low recoil, equally reliable. This may, however, make choosing more difficult. (in my case, the CZ is just a matter of time)

...think the price on the Sig is nice though.

Which FFl and how much did they charge, did you guys use to bring the pistol in?

I believe he didn't get the "german p229r" your talking about. He just got a regular p229r. Mine is still at the ffl.