StephanieSeven

OBRPC, Static Steel, Sunday 11/20

Big win for Alec in the rimfire. It wasn't even close!

That one I would have believed.

You in #1 in Revolver also, but when you added in Pistol and I know some of the GM's that were shooing Irons that day, well you slipped there, and getting Brian in it, damn you guys.. :icon_twisted:

That one I would have believed.

You in #1 in Revolver also, but when you added in Pistol and I know some of the GM's that were shooing Irons that day, well you slipped there, and getting Brian in it, damn you guys.. :icon_twisted:

What? Keep sitting in the back smoking the Cuban's while the rest of us win. Maybe you should use a Beretta or a Glock instead of that CZ jam-o-matic thingy.

What? Keep sitting in the back smoking the Cuban's while the rest of us win. Maybe you should use a Beretta or a Glock instead of that CZ jam-o-matic thingy.

I ain't saying nutin other than the only jam was after the match was over but that happens to my Glock also but I'll tell ya, not a single Cigar that day, and they are Dominican's not Cubans.

Wow, # 10 in Pistol Iron, and # 8 in Pistol Rim-fire, better than I thought, Ray, maybe you should smoke a Cuban...:sarcastichand: Yea I went there, I had to after what you guys did. :icon_mrgreen:

Alec, you see the 2 guys ahead of you in Pistol Rim-fire, well see what they do all the time, they are not new shooters by a long shot, not even close, so I would say be very very happy with how you did.

Placed 3rd out of 16 in rimfire iron, missed second place by 0.18 of a second

Revolver.... I don't wanna talk about it. :icon_e_sad:

:roulette:

If I remember correctly you had one or two penalties on the revolver, I dunno though. You had to go to reload a few times which screwed your otherwise fast times.

I do remember that you had to go to reload and you had no speed loaders available. You had to grab ammo from the box to reload. That eats up time.

I learned the hard way to always keep an extra mag or speedloader on you or right next to you during matches. You get an unexpected jam or end up forced to reload you have that extra ammo right there ready to go. It happened to me once at CJ steel. It was my last run and I went to slidelock. I was fumbling on the table for an extra mag with ammo in it. Sucked. From then on I always go to the line with an extra mag loaded and on me. I'd do the same thing if I shot revolver.

You had many runs that were faster than Ray. No worries, there's always next time. Obviously you can smoke em, you got 3rd in rimfire. Thats damn good

Thanks Harry, Im happy with the rimfire, second place was only a hair away. Gotta remember too- that was my first time even shooting my mark2 in a competition setting, i'll get em next time.

Brian, Yeh- you are right. I did have some poor reloads which got me in the long run, i thought I would of did better then dead last though. Solution - Stop missing! Ha. Good job placing 6th, that's pretty good, I cant shoot for crap with my beretta!

Congrats to Dave R. winning first place revolver, you da man!.

Also, Correct me if im wrong - there were a few people in the revolver iron division shooting 7 and 8 shot revolvers right? Personally, I think it should be 6 shot only to not have the automatic advantage over 6 shooters.

Damn, one bad course "troubled times" and I would've gotten second place in revolver. Oh well. Bob and the hi-point not bad bro! Harry, I hate you. Brian, I hate you. Mike, I hate you.

Don't forget it's a retention holster also, I'd say .5 second extra on your draw, thats why I was letting you know your first shot time on a few of them to get a baseline and a couple of the quicker draws.

It took me 2 seconds to draw and hit the first steel plate, IIRC. No? Your draw stroke is faster than most, mad props old man.

It took me 2 seconds to draw and hit the first steel plate, IIRC. No? Your draw stroke is faster than most, mad props old man.

I take my netbook and a RGB cable and hook up to my TV for these drills. Especially number 2. I just started using this a few weeks ago. From the buzzer to first shot my time is approx 1.2 to 1.3 seconds. I've done 2 practice sessions so far. Might help you with your draw. If you have a big screen on your pc you can use that as well. MAKE SURE YOUR GUN IS UNLOADED

Link to some dry fire drills

I take my netbook and a RGB cable and hook up to my TV for these drills. Especially number 2. I just started using this a few weeks ago. From the buzzer to first shot my time is approx 1.2 to 1.3 seconds. I've done 2 practice sessions so far. Might help you with your draw. If you have a big screen on your pc you can use that as well. MAKE SURE YOUR GUN IS UNLOADED

I'm with you on how your hooking it up to the TV, but how does it record you time, is it just picking up the click of the trigger via you computer with a microphone?

Wow! That's pretty sweet.

But i have the same question as Harry. How's the time thing work?