Sign in to follow this  
nino

Desert tactical arms? Good or no?

I've been researching a lot about this gun and wanted to know if anyone heard bad or good things about it. http://www.deserttac...le-chassis.html

It's cool bc you can switch calibers but mainly I want it for the .50 cal

I haven't seen a review by anyone with the .50 cal, just a .308/338 setup. Their opinion was that for the price you could get a better .338 platform, and for the cost of a conversion, you could field a pretty decent .308 without adding much weight for a trip tot he range. The trigger was the nicest they had experienced in a bullpup, but was not that good compared to many affordable drop in aftermarket triggers for a 700 or savage. Basically that it was a decent gun, but unless a .338 in a bullpup configuration really tickled your fancy, you might have buyers remorse for the whole package.

The platform really is ideal in the 375/408/50 calibers when you really need higher mobility in a heavy caliber but in the realm of the smaller calibers, its highly practical but lacking in a few key areas in my opinion. The trigger being the biggest. I also dont really dig the bullpup design. But unless your well off and have access to 1000yd plus ranges...even the 338 is yawning hard in NJ!