DJNEB

12ga dummy rounds?

I was looking around online from a site I order everything from books to firearm accessories from, and came across two things I would like some opinions on. One was a .22 rimfire "bullet trap", and I was wondering if anything like this was made for a 12ga if that is at all possible to get for home use. Just curious. I live in an isolate neighborhood with a farm on one side of me (and I have seen on several occassions the inhabitants of said farm shooting on their property into woods), I was thinking if it would be at all possible to shoot from my backyard facing a farm/woods? I am sure there are restrictions but just curious about the idea, not that I am going to go out and start doing it tomorrow or anything. My second question was in reference to another thing I found on this site, being " ST Action Pro - 12 Gauge Action Trainer Dummy Round - 25 Rounds". These are said to be "12ga dummy rounds, completely inert, with orange ABS plastic insert." The picture given for these rounds is bright orange, so I figure are easy to see they are not real. I was wondering if these sort of things are allowed to shoot on my private property, NOT at people or towards buildings and such. Anyone know anything about these? Thanks, just peaked my interest.

I believe those ST Action rounds, as Nick stated, are basically snap caps. They do not fire, they are not loaded with anything other than possibly an internal spring. I don't really understand when you say, "I was wondering if I can shoot these on my property." They are dummy rounds to use for dry firing exercises and whatnot, I think you have them confused for blanks or something.

A simple call to your local PD will clarify if you can shoot on your property. If you don't wanna call them, that's fine, most people don't. As long as you have quite a few acres, no dwellings in the immediate area, and you build a backstop, usually you won't get bothered. But please build a strong backstop, it's the very important part because bullets can travel far shooting through woods or farmland and making a large pile of dirt behind where you're shooting can protect you, as well as other people.