Sign in to follow this  
TJM

Truglo TFO on Sig P226

Just passed the 2000 round mark in my Sig P226 Extreme I got before Thanksgiving. The factory night sites work alright in low light, but I'm having a difficult time with them in daylight - front site in particular hard to see for me.

After research, seems the TFO's from Truglo offer the best of both world - but I'm getting conflicting information on what sizes to buy - Truglo website says both #8 and #6 front site will work - the current factory sites from Sig is #8 front site. Some resellers, offer conflicting information - Midway indicates I should get #8 front site on 226, Botach says #6. Read on Sigforum someone replaced his sig #8 with TFO #8 and it was too high.....

I don't have any issues trying to correct high/low shooting, i just want to reproduce my current site picture, point of aim, etc with the TFO's - anyone here used them and have suggestion for what size? My sense is simply to replicate what I currently have, that is putting a #8 on the front and calling it a day;....but before I spend any $$ wanted to check and see what others have done.

Thanks

Tom