Ian S

Questions about Mallard Trap Club

They are open Saturday and Sunday afternoons right now. You can use 7 1/2 or 8 as Henry said. If you haven't been there yet the entrance is EASY to miss! There are always guys out there shooting, but don't expect it to be busy. They may only have one Trap house running if there aren't many people.

One house was all I needed. Just got back from my first time at Mallard and I had a really good time. I basically walked in off the street and the guys running it gave me a quick briefing and got me shooting. No muss, no fuss and everyone was sociable enough.

The entrance could have been hard to miss, but I came from the Federal Road side and expected it to be around the mailbox for 25. You know... 24, 25. Must have been a half mile past, I turned around twice before I went far enough down, then found it. I think it would have helped if I wasn't reading their directions backward.

5 rounds (14/12/10/10/12) with a full choke. Plenty of room for improvement and I can seriously see getting hooked shooting clays.

Clays are very, very addictive! Lot of good guys there, and at Citizens (Hightstown). The left side trap has a wobbler in it, not sure about the center trap. The right side trap house is not used. Should have told you about the center trap house. Their microphones are very sensitive. Sometimes you cough and send a bird out on someone............... I have a friend that kept talking and senidng birds out, he was hard to keep quiet!

Now you need to go try Skeet at Central Jersey (Jackson) or Range 14 (Fort Dix).

If you want to dive then go to M&M down by Salem or Lehigh Valley for Sporting Clays. A bunch of us are going to Lehigh Feb 12th if you want to meet some fellow forum members.