WOLFIE4305

Pick up my new (to me) pistol

After my amazing 15 day wait for my P2P and FID card I picked up my new pistol yesterday. I bought it from my father who is a retired police Sgt. I bought his Gen 3 Glock 23 blue label.

When he retired he had the opportunity to purchase his service weapon from the department. The gun has some VERY minor holster wear and the mags are scratched from loading and unloading, but other than that, its in great shape. What really made it great was that it came with tritium night sights already installed. Now for my reasoning in buying this gun instead of a brand new one. The big deal, price. Buying it from my dad he gave me a really good deal, less than half of a new one. Then there is the fact that it probably has less than 200 rounds through it since he wasnt really a gun guy and hated shooting, he only fired it once a year to qualify. It also came with 4 13 round mags which was a plus for me. And lastly he gave me a brand new holster and a few boxes of ammo. So all in all I think I made out pretty well and Im sure the gun will get more use from me than it would ever sitting in his safe.

Now its time to tear it down and give it a good cleaning since its been sitting for a while.

post-4149-0-58885500-1327322542_thumb.jpeg