keithco88

Handgun rental OR 9mm in stock

I'm in the market for a new 9mm and have shot a few by going to PA but I'm hoping somebody can point me to a store (or hopefully range) that has the following in stock so I can hold them side-by-side

Glock 19 Gen4

Walther PPQ

CZ P01 (maybe...this is an outlier but I still want to see it)

I live in Scotch Plains and am willing to drive up to 1.5 hrs to find these two guns and hopefully shoot them. If anybody has any recommendations please share.

Thanks!

You could try NJ Firearms Guild, Shoreshot, maybe Metzlers in Garfied.

I think they have those pistols in stock. NJ Firearms Guild has probably

the biggest selection that I've seen.

I tried the following:

Heritage Guild (Easton, PA affiliate of Rahway NJFG): sold their only PPQ, don't carry CZ P01, great price on the Glock...though sales guy tried talking me into a 3rd gen or a used Sig, to each his own i suppose

Caso's (Jersey City): don't carry PPQ or CZ P01...said he hates the serrations on the P01 b/c you can't rack it w/gloves on

Meltzers (Garfield): very rude salesman told me CZs are special order only, they have the PPQ but their price is astronomical, just like on their Glock

ShoreShot (Lakewood): CZs are special order only, have the PPQ and Glock at OK prices...best bet thus far

Next on the list

NJFG (Rahway): bought my Kimber Eclipse Target II from them...kinda hosed me on the price but I was a noob and they do have a great selection

Constitution Arms (Maplewood): has anybody ever been here...i never get anyone to pick up the phone

RTSP (Randolph): has NEVER shown up on a google search for gun store or firearms...gotta improve their page tags. thanks for the tip! i'll call them tomorrow

And if anybody does have these guns and is willing to meet me at a range it'll be worth ammo range time and a bottle of whiskey to me :-)

I know for sure that RTSP has PPQs in stock. not sure about where else. When I asked at Shoreshot a couple of months back they didn't have them in stock.

TheWombat

I believe RTSP had the glock as of a few weeks ago, didn't see any CZ's though. I don't have a P01 but I have a 75b I'd let you shoot

Thanks Maksim - I just joined today so still getting a feel for this forum. Also just tried the "request price quote" tool so I'll see what leads that gives me.

@evo03 - truly thanks for the offer, but I really want to hold the p01 in my hand and shoot it. i've been reading about it all day and i guess it's supposed to be a little lighter than the all steel ones, resulting in a bit more muzzle flip (though how much can it really differ with a 9mm cartridge) so I'd like to try the one I'm actually looking to buy. definitely thanks though...like that this is a forum of local friendly people fighting to have a hobby that seems mostly oppressed (but growing) in this state

I was at Shore Shot yesterday. They have a PPQ in 40 in stock. I have a P01 in 9mm you are welcome to try out. I don't know about the Glock though. After trying the P01 amnd the PPQ you won't care about the Glock anyway. :)

• Like 1

Agreed on the vendor sponsors and the price quote tool. I just placed an order for a Glock G19 Gen 4 and the pricing was better than any online site (once you figure in shipping, FFL fees and NICS) and way cheaper than any store price (with tax and NICS). Distributor had it in stock (supposedly they go very fast) and supposed to be a two day turnaround so I haven't picked it up yet. Not really anticipating any problems based on all the positive feedback this vendor has.

For the PPQ, though, the online prices are so low ($475-485 and in stock at Cheaper than Dirt and Grab a Gun) that even when you figure in shipping, FFL and NICS, it was tough for vendors or stores to come close. Personally, I'd rather spend a few extra bucks and go through a local guy.