NJKen

Bad range day in Millstone today...Cops visited

My academy is a bit different. I hat to learn 2c and title 39 as well as new York penal law and New York VTL. Two states, the usual academy stuff plus counterterrorism, firefighting, and one federal stuff. Not too much time in my academy for specific law.

Just curious and straying from the main topic but since were talking about the academy, how much in class room stuff was there compared to hands on and physical training? If things keep going well I expect to be in a SLEO II academy within the next few months.

Just a reminder to the OP and anyone else who shoots in the forest - Please clean up after yourselves, gather your spent brass, and whatever you do, don't leave the corpses of shot out TV's and washing machines out there. That is the number 1 cause of open shooting ranges like this one getting shut down. We need to be extra vigilant and prove at every chance we can that gun owners are responsible, ethical, and willing to live within the confines of the law.

Just to be clear, I'm not accusing anyone of doing anything. I've never even been to Millstone so I have no idea what it looks like. This is just a reminder to everyone who reads this to be a courteous gun enthusiast when in the public eye... because it makes a difference!

We where shooting on private property. A farm to be specific. Regardless of where we shoot we clean up and I would imagine that most here will too. The mall ninja crowd is the biggest offender in this department.

Ken