tt-33

steel cased 9mm hp

I have a 1911 9mm that hates brass cased ammo it may be an exstractor issue but feed this gun tula steel ammo its 100% for 950 rnds with no cleaning and its accurate does anyone produce a steel cased home defence load

That is funny. I don't mean to make light of your situation, but it is about the opposite of what you normally read. Good luck. At least you can shoot cheaply and feel good about it.

thanks blksheep.lunker it certainly defies the norm I was having a awfull time 1 day at the range the gun was giving me trouble and another shooter gave me a mag worth of wolf ammo.I almost said no thanks but gave it a try and it worked fine.later I couldnt find wolf but found tula ammo which worked fine and was accurate.last week I tried brass ammo hoping this was just a new gun issue but the gun still hates brass maybe it knows im on a budget and need the cheapest ammo around

tt, this might not be the response you were looking for but it sounds like your gun is not suitably reliable for home defense. You are not going to find an oddball load that somehow compensates for the pistol's issues. You didnt't give any info on the gun, whether purchased new or used, etc but if you are looking for a home defense handgun then the first step is either get the gun fixed or replace it with something reliable.

If you are looking for a 9mm home defense gun on a tight budget then there are other better options than a 1911. I am afraid you can get yourself into a money pit trying to make it reliable and in the end it still wont work. In fact, have a look at the following post by a knowledgable gentleman who found how to make a 9mm 1911 run reliably with hollowpoints. If you find this too extreme then that's a clue that you should select a different gun more suitable for this purpose.

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=93438

the gun is a para bought new im not looking to make it the dedicated hd gun ive got a few different guns in different areas of the home p7 with gold dots 1911 in .45 with golden sabers.this gun is not my go to gun but do to the accuracy lack of recoil and other family members shooting it well id like to straighten it out it has been 100 % with steel so that may be the easy way out as far as tula wolf and a host of others being the same ive heard that befor some say the different names are for different plants I dont care its cheap and makes nice round holes in paper but if hd becomes an option Ill step up go with name brand hp ammo thanks for all the feed back