zoid

What Lbs Recoil Spring For LIght 45ACP Loads?

Alright I have successfully brought my 45ACP loads down to 4.3gr of Accurate #2 with a 200gr lead

bullet (use this info at your own risk though). Now these are real light/soft shooting loads and finally

I am getting a stove pipe here and there as well as the slide not locking back on the last round. Probably

locks back half the time.

So what lbs recoil spring you guys think I should get to help the gun cycle? Stock Kimber is 16lbs for

full size 1911 according to their site.

I may push this to 4gr, but after that I might as well through them. I use 4gr for 124gr 9mm rounds...

Just go down one increment of weight. You want to use the heaviest weight spring that produces acceptable reliability for the most longevity of the gun.

I was going to say the same thing, maybe try a #15 first. They aren't expensive so why not.

I third that motion.

I dowsed the gun in oil prior to shooting it and now all the rounds lock the slide back. Maybe it was running a little dry?

I hadn't lubed it for... mmm... yeah it had been a while. So I think you guys are right, go down a pound at a time. I don't

think I'm gonna bring the charge down much lower then where it is now.