zoid

Bladetech Kydex Holster Owners Please Advise

So I finally got my Bladetech DOH holster for my Kimber TLE RL II.

Waited over two weeks and it was pretty costly comparatively

speaking. I went and test fit the gun. Was a little tight. Moved it

in and out a few times. Take out the gun and what do I see? A

light, but noticeable wear mark from the muzzle to the ejection

port on the top right side of the gun. At first I thought it was just

something that would rub away, but it would not. The bluing was

definitely rubbed off a little.

Keep in mind this is just in test fitting. I never drew the weapon once

from the holster. Only test fit. I tried loosening it, but then the retention

is simply not enough and that "hot spot" is still kinda there.

Did you guys notice anything like this? I've never heard of any

issues with Bladetech and in fact I own a Revolution (injection molded)

model and am very pleased with it. Needless to say I'm pretty

disappointed.

I'm gonna write them and let them know what happened and I guess

we'll see where it goes from there. Kinda sucks.

I had the same problem with a "custom" SRB holster Blade-Tech did for a Beretta 92A1. Even with the retention screw removed, I can barely get the gun into the holster it's so tight... Ended up with a couple nice marks on both sides of the slide.

At the time I was working 16 hour days and just didn't have time to focus on gun stuff and by the time I got around to even trying out the holster I had already passed the 30 day return period. So, the holster now sits in the bottom of my holster box... don't be like me... contact them and get it worked out :)

got the same holster "scratches" on my Spartan when I got my BT. I took a nail file and smoothed out the sharp edges. I also used car wax on the inside of the holster to minimize friction with the gun.

I had post several weeks ago mentioning thE scratches and the good folks here in the forum seem to share the opinion that finish wear on a gun makes it look "sexy". :lol:

funny I don't have that problem with my Serpa.. and it costs a lot less..

all kidding aside.. my Raven holster was VERY tight when I first got it.. almost too tight.. and the side mounts were a LITTLE too flat I was able to lightly heat up the holster and open it JUST a hair and bend the edges a little more to contour to the body.. the holster fits the gun just fine now.. and sits better towards my body.. this is a kydex holster and kydex flexes easily under heat.. so if you do try to open it up a hair don't go nuts with it..

you can obviously send it back.. but if it is REALLY close you can probably fix it yourself with very little effort (again assuming it is kydex)

got the same holster "scratches" on my Spartan when I got my BT. I took a nail file and smoothed out the sharp edges. I also used car wax on the inside of the holster to minimize friction with the gun. I had post several weeks ago mentioning thE scratches and the good folks here in the forum seem to share the opinion that finish wear on a gun makes it look "sexy". :lol:

I think I was one of those people.

I live here:

glasshouse07.jpg

funny I don't have that problem with my Serpa.. and it costs a lot less.. all kidding aside.. my Raven holster was VERY tight when I first got it.. almost too tight.. and the side mounts were a LITTLE too flat I was able to lightly heat up the holster and open it JUST a hair and bend the edges a little more to contour to the body.. the holster fits the gun just fine now.. and sits better towards my body.. this is a kydex holster and kydex flexes easily under heat.. so if you do try to open it up a hair don't go nuts with it.. you can obviously send it back.. but if it is REALLY close you can probably fix it yourself with very little effort (again assuming it is kydex)

I have a Serpa too and the one thing I do like about it is it barely makes contact with the gun.

The other injection molded ones I have don't either. In fact I have a cheap itac button release

for my Kimber now that doesn't wear much except maybe the tip of the gun just a little.

I could try modding this a bit but to be honest I'm not very familiar with kydex work. I'll contact

them and see what they say. Least I can still use the DOH and Techlock on my Revolution

Holster.

I have a Serpa too and the one thing I do like about it is it barely makes contact with the gun.

The other injection molded ones I have don't either. In fact I have a cheap itac button release

for my Kimber now that doesn't wear much except maybe the tip of the gun just a little.

I could try modding this a bit but to be honest I'm not very familiar with kydex work. I'll contact

them and see what they say. Least I can still use the DOH and Techlock on my Revolution

Holster.

good luck with it man.. let us know how it goes.. I am thinking of trying a bladetech for EDC to see what all the hype is about..

I run the Social Media channels at BLADE-TECH and would like to make sure you both get the help you need.

@Zoid If you have not done so already, call our office and we'll be sure your holster fits properly, or you can message me through njgunforums and I will get you in touch with customer care.

@Caine We guarantee customer satisfaction on all of our products, which means you are not tied to a 30 day window. Please contact us at your earliest convenience so we can help you with your holster.

Cheers!

Tessa

• Like 7

I run the Social Media channels at BLADE-TECH and would like to make sure you both get the help you need.

@Zoid If you have not done so already, call our office and we'll be sure your holster fits properly, or you can message me through njgunforums and I will get you in touch with customer care.

@Caine We guarantee customer satisfaction on all of our products, which means you are not tied to a 30 day window. Please contact us at your earliest convenience so we can help you with your holster.

Cheers!

Tessa

Well that's gotta be some of the best customer support I've seen, they contacted me before I did them!

Thanks Tessa, will reach out to you guys.

• Like 1

Also make sure you ordered the right holster, I see they list TLE, TLE II, RL, etc, there is no guarantee that Kimber is keeping the exact same machining profile from batch to batch.

Yeah they have the TLE RL II which is what I selected. I guess it is possible Kimber is off but I figured most

holsters of this type are usually loose enough to fit an array of 1911s.

Cheers!

Tessa

Welcome back, glad to see you showing off that great customer service again.

• Like 1

I guess I should've given BladeTech a call before assuming that I was out of luck since I was past the 30 day window. Is there a specific department/person I should contact?

Thanks for taking the time to post and addressing our issues. It's great to see a company take the time to reach out to their customers like this :good:

• Like 1

Cheers!

Tessa

+1 your customer service should set the standard for the rest of the retail community..

I have been involved with the public for over ten years.. and I have NEVER encountered costumer service as strong as yours..

most companies hide from problems.. you seek them out and try to fix them..

win..

• Like 1

I guess it is possible Kimber is off but I figured most

holsters of this type are usually loose enough to fit an array of 1911s.

Probably not, I'll bet you most 1911 manufacturers have different ideas of what slide and frame dimensions should be, certainly the exterior ones .. I'm mean just look at all the purist arguments over the correct diameter of the ball cuts on the slide and you'll see what I mean. If they molded a holster to an actual model, I'm guessing it is going to be pretty specific to that model.

I guess I should've given BladeTech a call before assuming that I was out of luck since I was past the 30 day window. Is there a specific department/person I should contact?

Thanks for taking the time to post and addressing our issues. It's great to see a company take the time to reach out to their customers like this :good:

Either message me here or call in and ask for Tara, she'll get your info and figure out next steps. Never too late with us ;) Just have to ask, or say something in a random forum and wait for me to find you. lol.

Tessa

Cheers!

Tessa

Makes me happy that I use BT stuff!

• Like 1

Either message me here or call in and ask for Tara, she'll get your info and figure out next steps. Never too late with us ;) Just have to ask, or say something in a random forum and wait for me to find you. lol.

Tessa

:) PM sent. Thanks again for the help

• Like 1

anyone have a picture of a standard bladetech holster with teklok ON somebody.. want to see how tight it sits to the body..

Definitely not a concealment holster. Drawing from it is nice. I'm not sure if I'll even use the DOH attachment just cause

I'm so used to using paddle holsters. This is much easier to take on and off and it takes up less room in my range bag

though that may not matter to most of you guys. Very pleased with this set up. This is the Revolution holster from Bladetech.

CIMG0074.jpg

CIMG0075.jpg

is the bladetech with a paddle attachment any tighter?

Maybe a little tighter but it's negligible.

You still can't conceal carry with it. Prints

way too much. If you have a Serpa it's the

same profile for the most part.

Maybe a little tighter but it's negligible.

You still can't conceal carry with it. Prints

way too much. If you have a Serpa it's the

same profile for the most part.

I carry conceal my 27 in a Serpa under a button down shirt or sweatshirt with no problem..

I carry conceal my 27 in a Serpa under a button down shirt or sweatshirt with no problem..

I'm using a t-shirt as a reference

so maybe that's not the best way.