Duppie

Viaibility of the Sig p250 as a "mailer pistol"

I was catching up on my You Tube viewing during a particularly lazy afternoon and caught a updated Sig P250 review. The reviewer mentioned that one ingenious subscriber mails the grip housing,barrel,mags and slide and then transports the trigger mechanism{which is the only component of the pistol that is numbered}separately, reassembling the sum of the parts to a whole pistol at his destination.

Considering how adept NJGF contributors are at the minutia of firearm hypotheticals ,my questions are:

Since the trigger mechanism is the only registered part, is it still considered a whole firearm if transporting solely without it's slide ,barrel and mags?

Would the USPS consider the slide ,barrel and mags a whole pistol if shipped as "parts"?

If shipping over seas in one's luggage the trigger mechanism after shipping peripheral components,what are the legalities and pitfalls,if any of such transportation?

Please remember that these are all hypothetical scenarios and by no means ever considered as a means of firearm transport.

I think that postman delivering your "package" is an undercover g-man...

.....Entirely possible but you haven't elaborated as to why?

How does this apply on a pistol with triple serial numbers? My early 1990's P229 has the serial number on the frame, slide and barrel.

As a whole, it's a firearm and the serial on the frame is the serial of the entire firearm. As parts, only the frame is considered a firearm. You can buy barrels/slides online and have them shipped directly to you.