Ronald Silver

Anyone watching the Alaskan Kilcher Family?

You would think with modern technologies like chain saws & backhoes, they can gather up all the food & wood in a month.

Would you want to live like that?

Did they get mail ordered wives? Who in the world would join them?

The show's way kool though...

http://dsc.discovery...her-family.html

The Kilcher family settled in an isolated community outside of Homer, Alaska 80 years ago, seeking a more free and simple way of life. They live completely off the grid, with no running water and no electricity - and are proud of it.

I saw this show the other night, and said to myself how the hell is this the first time I'm seeing this show. I loved it!!

I would love to live like this, getting back in touch with nature, appreciating the simplicity of life. If tshtf these people aren't going to be worried at all.

I doubt they got mail order brides because the women seemed to genuinely love their husbands and didn't complain about doing the daily tasks. And kind of enjoyed it.

The one son's wife looked pretty hot to be honest, and said they grew up together, and have known each other their whole lifes. I guess in rural Alaska everyone knows everyone, to an extent.

Bottom line; I can almost guarentee everyone will enjoy this show. Or at least get a kick out of it.

I would love to live that way too. I would need a chopper for ER visits though lol . I have had no fewer than 8 very necessary trips to the ER with the new baby and myself . I also almost checked out giving birth to our 2nd child ( abruption) . If you had asked me before 2008 , I would have said I would jump at the chance to be rural and off the grid. I still would ..but only with a decent hospital 45 minutes away , because myself and our middle boy definitely would have been "naturally selected " in that kind of setting . Fine for evolution maybe , but not my agenda lol

• Like 1

You would think with modern technologies like chain saws & backhoes, they can gather up all the food & wood in a month.

Would you want to live like that?

Did they get mail ordered wives? Who in the world would join them?

The show's way kool though...

http://dsc.discovery...her-family.html

The Kilcher family settled in an isolated community outside of Homer, Alaska 80 years ago, seeking a more free and simple way of life. They live completely off the grid, with no running water and no electricity - and are proud of it.

Yea, right. Look at the 52-second mark of the video from your link. Sure looks like electric meters to me and maybe telephone.

showSmall.jpg