Sandy

Photo Shoot?

I forgot what you do for a living :) To better answer your question , yes I often work closely with hair and makeup designers. We should talk sometimes. Icould send work your way and vice versa.

Shoot me a text sometime or call.

I have an idea for a shoot in my head that needs to get out. And, FWIW, I will work for nothing more than paper if you need and it's local.

C

Deal! I have your number . Maybe see you at the BH in 2 weeks or so :)

I was suppose to shoot a model in the Cherry Blossoms in 2 weeks. But they came out like a month early. We'll probably switch it to Sandy Hook. This particular model usually gets hair and makeup done in the car before we head out to shoot. She uses different people, I'll be sure to give her your contact info. Shoot me a PM with a website or portfolio if you have one available.

Are there any other photographers here that anyone knows of? I thought I saw a few posting.

Getting there. Keeping my steady day job. I do a few paying gigs here and there. Think we live in the same town. Do you have a permanent studio space?

No , I was going to do one in our attached garage .But I would need to hire an attorney , apply for a variance , go to court for it , maybe win , my home owners insurance would go way up even though they would not actually cover the business end , so I would need separate insurance for the business on top of it.

And if you live here , you know what the rent in a store front on Ridge Rd would cost. Add to that there are so many "photographers" doing full on location jobs and giving over all the hi res images on DVD for as low as 150 bucks sometimes..it is a tough industry to make a living in.

I do it freelance , for extra $$ ..mostly for buying more camera gear and guns at this point :)

When my 9 month old is off to school I was planning to open a studio for photography , design , and graphics . Everything from a portrait sitting to making birth announcements , invites , etc.

So , what do you shoot ( camera) ?

Agree, Ridge rent is way out of reach. I cringe when clients start the bargaining. If it goes that direction, i pretty much let them know they can't afford me. My contract clients are much more agreeable. Unfortunately, they're few. My level of success is directly proportionate to e effort put into SELLING. I suck at that aspect.

Canon bodies and "L" optics. My dealer is pretty cool about not pushing stuff on me, and has a good rental dept..