cisurfer999

Owning an m4 and getting a Job as a LEO

Background investigations for law enforcement candidates include high school college transcripts, work history, credit history, debt to income ratio, criminal record, state and federal fingerprinting, driver's abstracts, medical and mental health history . They are going to know the you have a firearms ID and whether you have a registered firearms. They type of weapon is irrevelant if it was obtain legally. If they ask why you owe a firearm I would give a simple answer like hunting or sport shooting.

Background investigations for law enforcement candidates include high school college transcripts, work history, credit history, debt to income ratio, criminal record, state and federal fingerprinting, driver's abstracts, medical and mental health history . They are going to know the you have a firearms ID and whether you have a registered firearms. They type of weapon is irrevelant if it was obtain legally. If they ask why you owe a firearm I would give a simple answer like hunting or sport shooting.

It may be irrelevant to you but I'm sure its relevant to them. If they ask you why you own a firearm the answer is simple. Tell the truth on what ever your reasoning is.

Answered already on the other forum.....just realize something that we as "Gun Guys' are the minority in LE..it's about a 30/40/20 mix. 30% are Shooters, and have Guns, 40% dont care one way or the other..arent for OR Against, and about 20% think that them "Lowly Civilians" shouldnt own any guns at all..of course THOSE types are usually also the ones who never carry off-duty, or shoot when they are not getting paid to do so.

So...what's the remaining 10%?? :p

Edit: Damn, someone beat me to it...