vortex0178

How long are your handgun range sessions?

Basically , how I practice at the range - I usually go for an hour . If my husband and I are sharing a port ( if it is crowded and there is a wait) I probably go through 100-150 rounds . If I am alone for the hour about 200-250 rounds. My calibers are .40 , .45 , .38 , .357 magnum . I will work on accuracy and speed with the .40 and .38s . For the .45 I am more doing 2 to center mass , one to head type drills thinking of SD. I generally end with the .357 magnums , so that I am current with them and accustomed to them as that would most likely be my HD grab gun right now. My model 60 has a 3" barrel so there is very little recreation in shooting the magnums. I would equate it to catching a high pop with no glove. Doable , but not something you want to do for the whole game. I shoot about 20 rounds of the magnums ..figuring if I can shoot 20 well , I can make 5 count without flinching if I need to ( God forbid )

I also try and catch any class by GFH that I can. They run from 250 to 500 rounds or so depending on the class. Starting to get into the idea of USPSA/IDPA matches..that could keep me busy on the weekends ..my husband and I will eventually have to alternate getting to go :)