fmtek

Glock 19 15rd Magazine markings...

hey everyone... not sure why this is sparking my interest now.. but after the Clinton bill expired, places like LoneWolf and Glockmeister were selling G19 15round magazines..

when they came, they had the following markings:

Restricted LE/Govt Only

I was told that they would be ok..but figured i'd see what you fine folks think...

Also, i have my G19 as my HD, and I have 2 of these mags loaded... what do you think would happen if i had to use them? Would the prosecutor point out that marking?

Thanks,

-Frank

I think if you shoot someone to death in your living room the markings on the magazine will be the least of your concern..

lol.. true... but if i was justified, .. i don't think those markings would help me any... (and NO, no one can take them off my hands :), lol)

why do you think that..

just from reading on here.. that a prosecutor will try to use anything against you in front of a jury to make you look like a crazy person...

i just took out the G19 to put some CLP on it.. and the mag just stood out this time.. i've always had them.. i just wanted to see what you guys though... just a discussion topic..

You answered your own question. The mags are from the time of the AWB, when the the only people allowed to have >10-rd mags were LE and the Gov't and those mags were so marked. When the AWB sunsetted those mags became legal for any state that allowed that number of rounds (free states and NJ). A lot of states kept the AWB in place via state law and are limited to 10-rd mags.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

NJ law does not dictate magazine markings as a relevant factor for legality..

I think if you shoot someone to death in your living room the markings on the magazine will be the least of your concern..

lol.. true... but if i was justified, .. i don't think those markings would help me any... (and NO, no one can take them off my hands :), lol)

why do you think that..

just from reading on here.. that a prosecutor will try to use anything against you in front of a jury to make you look like a crazy person...

I would hope that your defense attorney would move to suppress the evidence as being highly prejudicial. I would, however, stay away from any magazines that say "Trigger Happy, Unreasonable Guy".

i just took out the G19 to put some CLP on it.. and the mag just stood out this time.. i've always had them.. i just wanted to see what you guys though... just a discussion topic..

like I stated.. NJ law states nothing as to mag markings.. so the markings are moot..

I would not live and die by fear mongering you read on the internet..

find ONE case where the "evilness" of a gun was used to put away a law abiding home owner after a good shoot..

I would hope that your defense attorney would move to suppress the evidence as being highly prejudicial. I would, however, stay away from any magazines that say "Trigger Happy, Unreasonable Guy".

lol.. ok.. i'll return them and see if they have the "Law Abiding, Mentally Stable Guy" ones :)

hey everyone... not sure why this is sparking my interest now.. but after the Clinton bill expired, places like LoneWolf and Glockmeister were selling G19 15round magazines..

when they came, they had the following markings:

Restricted LE/Govt Only

I was told that they would be ok..but figured i'd see what you fine folks think...

Also, i have my G19 as my HD, and I have 2 of these mags loaded... what do you think would happen if i had to use them? Would the prosecutor point out that marking?

Thanks,

-Frank

Those markings are MEANINGLESS now, they referred ONLY to the Federal AWB of 1994 (Hence the 1994 date on the mags) When that bill sunsetted, so did the restriction for those magazines. Those markings have no, and have NEVER had any relation to ANY NJ Statute..Period.

I have purchased my G19 not too long ago. I purchased from a NJ FFL and it came with (2) 15rnd magazines. If it was illegal, im sure he would not have sold it to me.

The question, as I understood it, wasn't whether the magazines were illegal, but what effect, if any, the "LE/Govt" markings could have in the event that he was required to use them for self defense.

The question, as I understood it, wasn't whether the magazines were illegal, but what effect, if any, the "LE/Govt" markings could have in the event that he was required to use them for self defense.

and it was answered.. in the first response.. lol

You answered your own question. The mags are from the time of the AWB, when the the only people allowed to have >10-rd mags were LE and the Gov't and those mags were so marked.

People in most states were allowed to have mags any size they wanted during the AWB, just not mags >10 actually manufactured during the ban.

like I stated.. NJ law states nothing as to mag markings.. so the markings are moot..

I would not live and die by fear mongering you read on the internet..

find ONE case where the "evilness" of a gun was used to put away a law abiding home owner after a good shoot..

Find ONE case where a law abiding home owner had a good shoot in NJ, period. :haha: