Sign in to follow this  
Perch

Accessory lug

Doing a 100 series Saiga build. I'm R&R'ing both the FSB and GB. Bayonet lug on new FSB ground off... no doubt. But the accessory lug on the GB??? I don't think there is any mention of this in the law. Mount for bayonet... yes but... accessory... no. The grenade launcher itself is mentioned though... which is always very funny. But the accessory lug it attaches to is not mentioned as far as I know. I could be wrong, that is why I'm asking. Bayonet mount is of course mentioned, however, you cannot successfully mount a K-var or Bulgarian style bayonet to the accessory lug, it would serve no useful purpose. And by name that lug is the "accessory lug." The tip of the blade would barely reach the end of the compensator if the bayonet was attached to the accessory lug.... and obviously... it needs the compensator to attach properly. Lol.

So, what really is the deal with the Gas Block "accessory lug" on a 74/100 pattern rifle? Would what I described above be considered "mounting" a bayonet? By law does it have to come off? Or is it not as concrete of a thing as... let's say... permanently pinning a stock? Just yet another grey area huh?