Sign in to follow this  
Kingsoverqueens

Clip to stop shell ejection

Hello Forum.

I'm a lefty shooter with a Reminton 1100 semiautomatic. This can be problematic what with having shells ejecting in front of my face. At the same time, I'm also fat and don't like bending over to pick up shell hulls.

I could swear I remember reading or hearing once that there is an accessory, a clip of some sort, that would stop the shell from ejecting or if in the case where you were shooting double it would allow the fist shell to be ejected but would hold the second spent shell.

Anyone?

I bought mine from Brownells. The only draw-back is that you need to insert the shell butt-first, kinda doing a k-turn to load it. You'll see once you try it. Instead of sticking the shell into the chamber like normal, you take the brass end and slide it backwards past the clip, then push it forwards into the chamber. When you fire the gun the shell will just come-out a little like a FTE and just hang there. Good for Trap and shooting singles, no good for doubles, skeet, sporting clays.

I bet Glenns rubber band trick would also work!