Sign in to follow this  
CAPTBIL3

WTS 444 Marlin 70 rounds

have 70 rounds of 444 Marlin , red tip, Brass is stamped R P 444 Marlin. unsure of grain, manufacturer

70 rounds includes a Blue ammo box

also includes 16 spent cases

$50 Pickup only, in Clark 07066

post-2544-0-06959900-1337013954_thumb.jpg

post-2544-0-35965100-1337013985_thumb.jpg

Bottom pic is not a .444 Marlin cartridge...........?

Most definitely not. In fact the box seems to say 330 JDJ. JDJ automatically means wildcat for the most part, usually means it's for a custom contender barrel. 44. is straight walled, not necked down, and is basically dimensioned like a .44 magnum round, but with an inch longer case.

If this helps, those noted as "red tip" would be 265 gr. FTX Leverevolution bullets if they are Hornady factory loads. If they are someone's handloads, they are either the 225 gr. FTX or 265 gr. FTX Leverevolution bullet. My best guess anyway.

If this helps, those noted as "red tip" would be 265 gr. FTX Leverevolution bullets if they are Hornady factory loads. If they are someone's handloads, they are either the 225 gr. FTX or 265 gr. FTX Leverevolution bullet. My best guess anyway.

Did you even look at the pic of the round? It's not .444. It's some thing formed from 444 as the parent case if he's putting up pics of the actual ammo.

Also, that means it is a handload. I wouldn't touch these if you paid me and I knew what they were supposed to fit in.

Did you even look at the pic of the round? It's not .444. It's some thing formed from 444 as the parent case if he's putting up pics of the actual ammo.

Also, that means it is a handload. I wouldn't touch these if you paid me and I knew what they were supposed to fit in.

No I did not. Sorry. But thanks for pointing that out. It does look like one of J.D. Jones necked-down wildcats using the parent .444 case. And now that I think about it, Hornady factory loads would be in Hornady brass, not R-P cases. My mistake.

The CAPT should mike the case length and then the bullet diameter. Then you can probably make an accurate determination of what JDJ round it is, since all his wildcats are documented. But you are right, it is a handload and it's an unknown. Best to determine what they are, maybe pull the bullets if someone can use them.

Sign in to follow this