johngo1

Deposit on a Sig

I am in the FID process now and have a few weeks to go. I know that I want a SIG 226 in .40 but no one has it in stock and has to be ordered. Is it legal for me to put a deposit on one so that the store can order now for me NOW without FID? I obviously would not pick up until I get my FID and P2P.

After waiting for the FID and P2P I do not want to have to wait agin for the order but I also want to make sure that I am legal.

Sure thing you can.. .But given the history of complaints from a certain shop.. may I ask WHERE you are putting a deposit on your future sig? :) I know youre eager and id just be sure to do your homework on whoever you are buying from. Good Luck on your first!

btw.. I have a 226 two tone in .40 and love it. You cant go wrong with that gun.

Sure thing you can.. .But given the history of complaints from a certain shop.. may I ask WHERE you are putting a deposit on your future sig? :) I know youre eager and id just be sure to do your homework on whoever you are buying from. Good Luck on your first!

btw.. I have a 226 two tone in .40 and love it. You cant go wrong with that gun.

Looked at putting a deposit at Ramsey. Thoughts???

Looked at putting a deposit at Ramsey. Thoughts???

Ramsey is awesome. I have a deposit on a revolver and they know I'm waiting for my P2P.

They are really good people to deal with. They may not let you see one without an FID, but they will let you put a deposit.

30 days it's refundable, and after that, you can transfer it toward store credit or another firearm.

You could go and pay for in full say 1, 2, or 3 handguns etc... You just cant take possesion of any of them until your permits are ready. You must also adhere to the 30 day law between purchases of handguns. Most shops will not ask for a deposit or full payment unless they are sure that they can get the gun for you quickly. I would never put money down on any gun that was not already in stock. Good luck with your search. Sigs are great.