FLHX

ALG triggers

Has anyone used one of these triggers yet? If so any thoughts would be great. I read about them last night and they are made by the wife of the guy who owns Geisselle triggers. They have gotten some pretty good reviews. There are two styles mil-spec and Battle. I ordered the battle trigger. I don't have much experience with AR triggers but $250 for a custom trigger seemed a bit crazy so I figured I would try this one. The review link is below.

http://blog.rainierarms.com/2012/02/15/alg-triggers-reviewed-weapon-evolution-forfreedom/

I got a hold of one of the plated combat triggers a while ago.

As far as what it is looking at what is in the bag. It appears to be a nickel teflon plating on the pins and hammer like they say, and something else for the trigger (they say nickel boron, and I have no reason to doubt that).

From the looks like what they have done to some regular trigger components is this.

Take the hammer, polish down the sear engagement surface slightly, and coat the whole thing. Take the trigger, put the whole think in a tumbler to smooth off the edges of everything (it looks like it has had a very mild melt job done it), then polish down the sear surface to not go below the dips in the original grind. Then plate it with nickel boron.

I think the net effect is that they are removing a very small amount of the sear engagement by tumbling that rounds over the normally very sharp corner at the top of the sear. Then they are polishing both engagement surfaces slightly. The springs looks and feel jsut like what ships with gieselle triggers, so they are pretty beefy. The disconnector looks nicer than what comes with most trigger kits. Almost as nice as the EDM cut disconnector you get with JP triggers. From the looks of things, they are sourcing quality parts, but nothing exceptional just shopping form the upward slope of the bell curve.

Net results are that if you plop the trigger gauge in the middle of the trigger it pulls about 7.25lbs. If you get it perches all the way on the very tippy end of the trigger, it pulls 6lbs like they say. It has a decent amount of takeup/creep like a stock trigger, but it is smoothed out a lot.

Compared to my $200+ triggers it's dog vomit. There's no free lunch, don't think you are getting an awesome trigger for cheap. That being said, I think it is an incredibly good value. Buying a "stock" trigger group runs about $40 by itself, and $20-30 when bundled with a LPK. At $65, it is better and I suspect significantly more consistent than the best generic $40 stock trigger set I have encountered. I see it as a good value. Add on some JP springs, and if they light off all your ammo, you probably ahve a damn good value and I'd guess a 4.5-5.5lb trigger.

Mines going into a lower I'm building for my wife who finds my good triggers a bit unsettling. If you don't know what you want, I think it'd make a nice trigger to get by on and give you better perspective on if that aftermarket trigger is worth the price tag on it.