notmetoo

Folding target stands

I just received four folding stands for USPSA/IDPA targets. I ordered them from Seth Markowitz (ORM Fabworks) who can be found on Brian Eno's forums (http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=117551).

He makes steel or aluminum stands. I got steel, hoping the weight would help with stability. There are two holes in the cross-member for turf stakes and the arms of the "H" fold underneath the cross member for compactness.

I actually ordered three, but because there was a delay, totally out of Seth's control btw, he sent four, no extra cost. For three, including shipping, I paid just under $100. I think that's a great deal. Could I have built three out of PVC for less? Sure, but I need the compactness, there's no way I can fit two PVC stands (let alone four) in my car with room for anything else.

Picture below. They come unpainted. I'm no welder. but have worked with metal fabricators and I have to say, the welds are beautiful. These are first class quality. The uprights are designed for 1x2 furring strips, cheap at Home Depot. He can make the uprights for different sizes, just ask.

cb7a3852.jpg

I have a set of Seth stands and they are great, dont need to stake them as they are very stable on strong wind. I would like to support the locals, how stable are these (3lbs vs 6lbs)? http://www.gttargets.com/paperstands.htm

Which part of NJ is Karl local to for delivery, north/south/central?