NJdiverTony

Got very tight 10 rnd M&P 9mm Mags? Try this!

I just found this modification how-to a couple of days ago as my 10 round M&P9 mags were really really tight. I could get 9 rounds into the mag with my Uplula mag loader, but the 10th was really difficult to get in. It also pushed up into the slide and racking the slide was very difficult too. The problem was originally thought to be very stiff springs, but it turns out that the newer mags have a follower that is taller than then ones in earlier versions of the M&P 9 mags. Very simple solution... just take a little bit of material off the legs on the bottom of the follower and magically your M&P 9 mags will take the 10th round with ease and will insert into the pistol without a problem. This simple mod will not alter the operation of your mag, or cause any failures either... And worse comes to worse, if you ever did want to revert back to the original follower, the parts cost very little. I just tried this on my 10 round mags and it worked like a charm. See the link below for a video of how to do this modification (it's a VERY simple and quick mod!)... I just though I'd share with my fellow NJGF members, as this may be as helpful to you as it was to me :)

http://www.northeast...azine-followers

I have done this with my 10 round mags with the grey followers. I actually cut off more than what was indicated on the video. I cut both the front, back, and trimmed the center piece as well. It's still fairly tight to put in the 10th round, but it doesn't DENT the 9th round anymore when I use an Uplula to load the mags. It also helps the mags seat on a closed chamber.

I used a dremel cutting wheel on mine to cut them all down. If anyone wants pics of what I did, I'll take a mag apart and take pics.

I have done this with my 10 round mags with the grey followers. I actually cut off more than what was indicated on the video. I cut both the front, back, and trimmed the center piece as well. It's still fairly tight to put in the 10th round, but it doesn't DENT the 9th round anymore when I use an Uplula to load the mags. It also helps the mags seat on a closed chamber.

I used a dremel cutting wheel on mine to cut them all down. If anyone wants pics of what I did, I'll take a mag apart and take pics.

Yep, I did the same thing Nick. Even though the video didn't mention trimming the center piece, I trimmed just a bit anyway. I didn't see any harm in doing so. The springs are still stiff but I was able to put 10 rounds into the mag by hand without a problem. My mags inserted into the pistol with a closed chamber without an issue.