Sign in to follow this  
Clintoon Eastwood

I'm planning to change to a longer ported storm lake barrel

My plan is to buy a longer storm lake barrel with 2 top ports for my mp 40. There is more to it than that I'm also changing it to a 9mm. But my QUESTION is, is this legal to have a extended barrel and it's ported? Help please

My question is, why? It would seem more cost effective to simply either sell or trade your .40 and buy a 9 mm - for which porting is really overkill. You are going to have considerable $$$$ invested in executing your plan. I am all for custom touches to personalize a handgun, but I usually have some goal in mind which the modifications address. As was pointed out, you may make the gun unsuitable for games. Figure out why you want to do it first and what benefits are to be gained and what the downside is.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Thank you guys for your honest opinions. The lake storm barrel will only cost me $170 with the ports and a little extension about an inch overhang then plus the magazine about $30 a piece. If I just want to get a regular non ported conversion I found it as cheap as $130. The main purpose of this conversion is for the wife and I to shoot with less kick and I love my .40 but the wife not too much. I'm also still waiting for another 2 pp to buy a 1911-22 and maybe a .44 revolver.

Thank you guys for your honest opinions. The lake storm barrel will only cost me $170 with the ports and a little extension about an inch overhang then plus the magazine about $30 a piece. If I just want to get a regular non ported conversion I found it as cheap as $130. The main purpose of this conversion is for the wife and I to shoot with less kick and I love my .40 but the wife not too much. I'm also still waiting for another 2 pp to buy a 1911-22 and maybe a .44 revolver.

I laughed for a while too! :maninlove: