Krdshrk

Amazon - 60% off Barska Biometric Safes

Amazon's Gold Box deal of the day is (up to) 60% off Barska Biometric Safes. 3 models - the standard side door opener ($149.99) , the top opener ($158.99), and the rifle safe ($249.99).

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=xs_gb_A17LARG9GK5PH0?ie=UTF8&docId=1000814371&pf_rd_p=441937901&pf_rd_s=right-1&pf_rd_t=701&pf_rd_i=20&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0QCQVR3P8SKYDDXY0AWG

These look pretty cool, but I'm still grasping at why it would be better than the tactile finger button approach that gunvault uses on their minivault. Place hands, hit combo with four fingers, spring loaded door pops open. With these biometric safes, you have to press an on button, place finger, then open a latch, pull door open. That will take longer than the two seconds I need with my gunvault.

These look pretty cool, but I'm still grasping at why it would be better than the tactile finger button approach that gunvault uses on their minivault. Place hands, hit combo with four fingers, spring loaded door pops open. With these biometric safes, you have to press an on button, place finger, then open a latch, pull door open. That will take longer than the two seconds I need with my gunvault.

What if some of your 4 fingers are injured or missing? The barska safe I have is programmed with all 10 of my fingers. Any one of them can open my safe.

You can program it for single presses in a certain order, or simultaneous presses + single presses in order. Would need both hands to be mangled for it to really be a problem. Since we are playing "what if"... what if you have blood, water, sweat, etc on your hands when you try to use the biometric fingerprint sensor?

Was showing my wife how my new Barska Standard Biometric safe worked tonight. I had inputed only 1 of my fingerprints as a test. Low and behold her prints worked as well. Never put hers in, only my pointer finger on one hand. Gonna reset it and try again. Maybe a fluke thing.