Sign in to follow this  
G929

Rem versa max tactical

It's not hard, it's mostly a matter of a bit of money for parts and 20 minutes if that. It just can't be transferred to you until it is done. there are forum vendors who will do it.

Folks.  I could use some advice here.

I just came back from a shop in union county that tells me they cant order me a Versa Max Tactical because it is just plain illegal.

They made a few claims -

- There are more issues with that shotgun than simply removing the mag extension.

- They could not remove the mag extension because it requires some kind of manufacturing permit.

- The gas system would need to be modified as well.

- But ordering a Benelli M4 was ok?

I decided that Im going to just cross the boarder to PA and order the gun from there and have them remove the mag extension.  My contact in PA has no problem compared this dealer in NJ.

But just to cover my bases - a Versa Max Tactical with mag capacity of 3 rounds is legal in NJ.  It will have a 20+ inch barrel, no pistol grip and meet the overall length required by NJ, have no lug, or grenade launcher.

To my knowledge, carrying this over in this configuration to NJ wont be a problem.

Could someone please confirm.  Thanks.

PS -  They have a Versamax tactical at Dicks in Woodbridge.  They wont sell it to anyone though.  They also have it in Philadelphia - but they wont sell anything to anyone out of state.

Its just tough living in NJ isnt it?

Sounds like they just didnt want your business enough.  ALL it takes to fix the capacity issue is a chunk of Broomhandle or Dowel the right diameter, and the length of 2 shells, $.30 worth of Epoxy and about 25 minutes for it to set. Take off the tube, coat the end of the Dowel in Epoxy, push it into the tube till it bottoms out, and wait for it to set....which is EXACTLY how Arms-N-Ammo did to several shotguns for members here over the years.  Some of these stores make it seem like frigging Rocket Science.