exfed2002

RE: Locked Totally Confused Thread

In addition to an FID, the following can also be used to purchase handgun ammunition under 2C:58-3.3:

1)Valid copy of a PPP

2)Valid permit to carry

3)A law enforcement ID for sale to an LE official for LE purposes inder 3.3(e)

Ranges operated by licensed dealers can also sell de minimus amounts of ammuniton for immediate use at that range under 3.3(g)

#3 sadly doesn't apply even though its stated in the law, atleast at the places I went to prior to getting my did. Dicks, pinelands, brick armory, shore shot, and a mom and pop store by me, all refused to sell me ammo with out a fid, my badge and id were no satisfactory to complete the sale. Epic fail

Huh, no shit that is interesting. Thanks for the info.

2C:58-3.3. "Handgun ammunition" defined; sale, purchase, etc., regulated; violation, fourth degree crime.

-A valid firearms purchaser identification card,

-A valid copy of a permit to purchase a handgun,

-A valid permit to carry a handgun

-A valid New Jersey hunting license

-A valid documentation identifying the purchaser as a federal, State or local law enforcement officer authorized to possess a firearm

http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2006/Bills/AL07/318_.PDF

#3 sadly doesn't apply even though its stated in the law, atleast at the places I went to prior to getting my did. Dicks, pinelands, brick armory, shore shot, and a mom and pop store by me, all refused to sell me ammo with out a fid, my badge and id were no satisfactory to complete the sale. Epic fail

I was retired before this garbage went in. Still have lots of quarterly issue HP ammo left from the G. I keep small quantities of what I carry, and all the rest is reloading.

I've never had problems with my retired carry card (don't carry my FID since I don't need it usually) but I just refer them to the law and it's always worked.

I think most places just hear FID and that's what they see all the time, so they never bothered to read the law in its entirety.

FWIR, when they did the summary of the new law, an LE ID was included in the briefing for acceptable documents, but that doesn't mean everyone paid attention. The section that covers it now is clear as mud.

The old saw was that you didn't want to know how laws and sausages were made. Today if you tried to make sausages like laws are made you'd probably be in jail and sued out of existence.

Huh, no shit that is interesting. Thanks for the info.

-A valid documentation identifying the purchaser as a federal, State or local law enforcement officer authorized to possess a firearm

http://www.njleg.sta...s/AL07/318_.PDF

Unfortunately, that section did not survive the final version of the law, and the final section (e) is not quite so clear.

The actual law cuts off at the permit to carry.

Please stop confusing the law with past bills that were passed. The law is clear:

No person shall sell, give, transfer, assign or otherwise dispose of, or receive,

purchase, or otherwise acquire handgun ammunition unless the purchaser, assignee,

donee, receiver or holder is licensed as a manufacturer, wholesaler, or dealer under this

chapter or is the holder of and possesses a valid firearms purchaser identification card,

a valid copy of a permit to purchase a handgun, or a valid permit to carry a handgun

and first exhibits such card or permit to the seller, donor, transferor or assignor.

There is no exception for police or for hunters.

I buy online, never needed an ID.

Back in the late 80's when mail order ammo sales began to take off, lots of places wanted a signed statement and a copy of ID to seed the initial sale. I used to buy a lot of stuff from a place called Paragon in IL.

In addition to an FID, the following can also be used to purchase handgun ammunition under 2C:58-3.3:

1)Valid copy of a PPP

2)Valid permit to carry

3)A law enforcement ID for sale to an LE official for LE purposes inder 3.3(e)

Ranges operated by licensed dealers can also sell de minimus amounts of ammuniton for immediate use at that range under 3.3(g)

If that is a verbatim of the regulation I should be able to use my Utah or Florida carry permits to buy handgun ammo. Good luck with that! :onthequiet:

If that is a verbatim of the regulation I should be able to use my Utah or Florida carry permits to buy handgun ammo. Good luck with that! :onthequiet:

It says valid permit to carry. Your permit to carry is not valid in NJ and therefore cannot be used to purchase.

Yep - the prosecutors would have a ball with that when I tell them I have a valid permit, just not from NJ. It does not say "Have a valid permit in NJ".

Either way - we agree, it will work when pigs fly!

Yep - the prosecutors would have a ball with that when I tell them I have a valid permit, just not from NJ. It does not say "Have a valid permit in NJ".

Either way - we agree, it will work when pigs fly!

This is in the state of NJ. Are you telling me that you carry on your Florida permit in NJ? No, of course you are not because your carry permit is not valid in NJ...

But yes, when pigs fly. And when Christie loses weight.

It says valid permit to carry. Your permit to carry is not valid in NJ and therefore cannot be used to purchase.

So, it states "valid permit to carry in NJ"? or "valid permit to carry?"

So, it states "valid permit to carry in NJ"? or "valid permit to carry?"

I know this is difficult logic. Your driver's license from Utah is valid in NJ, your carry permit from Utah IS NOT VALID IN NJ. That's NJ law.

At the end of the day, what does it matter? 99.9% of the guys on here have a valid FPID card (note, that says valid too, so if you moved, your FPID is invalid). Just hand over your freaking yellow card and stop it already.

But what if?

SHUT. UP. RAY.

I know this is difficult logic. Your driver's license from Utah is valid in NJ, your carry permit from Utah IS NOT VALID IN NJ. That's NJ law.

At the end of the day, what does it matter? 99.9% of the guys on here have a valid FPID card (note, that says valid too, so if you moved, your FPID is invalid). Just hand over your freaking yellow card and stop it already.

SHUT. UP. RAY.

I'm part of the 1% er's actually. HaHaHa