TheWombat

Thinking of buying AR-15 .22LR - seeking advice

I have seen a few used ones at cabelas last month for under $200. I thought about getting one to shoot on the cheap. When i picked it up it felt like an airsoft m4 but cheaper. Even my ics m4 airsoft gun is metal and built comparable to my bushmaster ar for feel. I decided to go a different route and got the red jacket zk22 body for the 10/22. You can use any of the designed mags for it. It ships in november cant wait to mess with it.

I have seen a few used ones at cabelas last month for under $200. I thought about getting one to shoot on the cheap. When i picked it up it felt like an airsoft m4 but cheaper. Even my ics m4 airsoft gun is metal and built comparable to my bushmaster ar for feel. I decided to go a different route and got the red jacket zk22 body for the 10/22. You can use any of the designed mags for it. It ships in november cant wait to mess with it.

First ive seen of that zk22...sweet!

I took my MP15-22 to the range for the first time today and had a blast. Like an earlier poster noted though, I felt like I spent more than reloading than I did shooting with the 10 round long mags. I felt like that mag was very hard to load the last 2-3 rounds. Is the rrages 15 round mag easier to load? How about the 10 round short mags? If the 10 round short mags load easier I'll pick a few up instead of rrages'.

I felt like I spent more than reloading than I did shooting with the 10 round long mags. I felt like that mag was very hard to load the last 2-3 rounds. Is the rrages 15 round mag easier to load? How about the 10 round short mags? If the 10 round short mags load easier I'll pick a few up instead of rrages'.

Very true, I have 4 10 rd mags and it does take longer to reload than to shoot. Let me ask you this, does your mags have a hole on the follower or is it one of those with a button? If it has a hole you can use any stick object to use it to pull the spring down and it makes loading so much easier.

As far as rrages it's about $28 for a mag when a 10rd mag is about $15, I mean 5 rounds difference for $10 more....??? Nahhhh I will stick to my 10 rds