NJJim

The good, Glen's Army Navy Store and the bad, Palmetto State Armory.

A recent thread about Palmetto State Armory and my personal experience with PSA prompted this post.

I have always touted PSA for ammo because of their good prices and have made several purchases from them.

Recently I ordered 400 rounds of Fed Premium Gold Medal 308. Ordered July 23, 2012. Not shipped for nine days! Yes, they charged me for shipping but one excuse for the delay was they were "slammed with orders because of their free shipping deal". Any way I finally got my ammo on August 3, 2012. When I emailed and called, the first thing out of their mouths was did you send a copy of your DL and FPID? I of course said "yes three years ago. Are they not still on file?" They are. They did not even want to check on my order just said if I don't get a tracking number tomorrow call again.

Next I ordered 300 rounds of Fed Premium Gold Medal 308 from Glen's Army Navy Store on August 6, 2012. Same price by the way. It was shipped on the same day and arrived today! A total of 4 days start to finish!

I think I will keep Glen's in mind and forget about Palmetto State Armory.

I'm spoiled. I am used to Places like Midway USA, Cabela's and a store called Grab a Gun in Texas. Grab a Gun had the same price as Buds for my last rifle but It arrived at Vinny's in 5 days from Texas. Buds would have waited 4 days to process the order.

Just my experience, You mileage may vary.

Stuff like this doesn't bother me too much, but it all depends on the situation. I'm also patient with my internet orders for the most part, never really needing my purchases as soon as possible.

Sorry to hear about this though as you seem upset. I've ordered from PSA twice and both transactions were fine. I think sometimes companies slack a little in terms of getting the product out or whatever and you happened to be 'that guy'.

No problem with me with PSA but free shipping did take a little longer than average. The price on the LBK's was unbeatable and ammo was cheap. Buds, was also really good and it only took 3-4 to get to Vinny and it was also extremely cheap for the rifle. Midway is pretty decent but the shipping charges are outrageous like CTD. But I might have to check out you Texas store one of these days.

A recent thread about Palmetto State Armory and my personal experience with PSA prompted this post.

I have always touted PSA for ammo because of their good prices and have made several purchases from them.

Recently I ordered 400 rounds of Fed Premium Gold Medal 308. Ordered July 23, 2012. Not shipped for nine days! Yes, they charged me for shipping but one excuse for the delay was they were "slammed with orders because of their free shipping deal". Any way I finally got my ammo on August 3, 2012. When I emailed and called, the first thing out of their mouths was did you send a copy of your DL and FPID? I of course said "yes three years ago. Are they not still on file?" They are. They did not even want to check on my order just said if I don't get a tracking number tomorrow call again.

Next I ordered 300 rounds of Fed Premium Gold Medal 308 from Glen's Army Navy Store on August 6, 2012. Same price by the way. It was shipped on the same day and arrived today! A total of 4 days start to finish!

I think I will keep Glen's in mind and forget about Palmetto State Armory.

I'm spoiled. I am used to Places like Midway USA, Cabela's and a store called Grab a Gun in Texas. Grab a Gun had the same price as Buds for my last rifle but It arrived at Vinny's in 5 days from Texas. Buds would have waited 4 days to process the order.

Just my experience, You mileage may vary.

Regarding Army Navy stores, I am looking for mil-spec 20 liter (5.3gal) Jerry cans with spouts for water (blue) and fuel (tan or OD). The current mil-spec versions are plastic and not metal. Have you seen or do you know if they would carry these items at Glen's?