Big Mack

SVT 40!

Theres no SA on it, or any of that electro pencil bs to force match. So its probably not a Finn capture, or a russkie rebuild. The only serial numbers i could find on the bolt, trigger group, receiver, and stock are all factory stamped and matching. I have a feeling as i pull it apart to check the gas system i might find a mismatching number or two on some of the parts. Im not to familiar with how much the red's numbered everything, i just know my mosin has mismatching numbers all over it! and this only has a few numbers, but matching, accept for the date on top. The mag has two mismatching numbers on it, on the side of the mag and the bottom plate. Im thinking maybe it might be some kind of a vet bring back? I know thats a long shot but possible. Or it could have just been in good shape after the war and maybe just cleaned real good, dumped in grease and stored. Who knows??

Either way I can't wait to shoot it tomorrow. The gas system is currently set to 1.5 which seems to be were most people are shooting them at (1.3-1.5). I read that anything past 1.7 can damage the gun. I'm going out today to try and find the adjuster tool and new manufactured 54R just to test then, ill move to the mill. surplus stuff.

This is actually very interesting because the FN FAL borrowed some of its operations from the SVT, mainly the adjustable gas system.