LorenzoS

Private sale of hollowpoint ammunition?

I am getting out of the .40 S&W caliber but I stil have a healthy supply of Federal HST and Speer Gold Dot. I'd like to sell it off but first want to double check if there is any legal reason why this would be prohibited.

I plan to only do a face to face sale at a range to avoid any ambiguity about the transport laws. And of course I will require the buyer to have a valid FPID.

Is there anything else I am missing?

Agreed post those bad boys up in the market place and let us have a crack at it! :)

There is no additional stipulations with selling HP ammo save from selling at the proper place (your residence/range) to avoid transport issues.

Quite the contrary for HPs being illegal for using in self defense. The uninformed can label them as "cop killers" or "man stoppers" but a responsible gun owner looking to protect him/herself would arm themselves to stop the threat when their lives are in danger, and prevent over penetration. Two things which the HP's do best.

Postem up!

:rolleyes: Glad my 12 step program is working. See I didn't say anything nasty or condecending in this thread.

The issue is... It is illegal to use hollow points in the commission of a crime...Go figure...

You can own them, shoot them, use them for defense just don't use them in a crime.

And yes sell them in a private sale.

Agreed post those bad boys up in the market place and let us have a crack at it! :)

There is no additional stipulations with selling HP ammo save from selling at the proper place (your residence/range) to avoid transport issues.

It's not transport issues. It's possession issues. You are only allowed to possess them at certain places. Or transporting between some (but not all) of them.

:rolleyes: Glad my 12 step program is working. See I didn't say anything nasty or condecending in this thread.

The issue is... It is illegal to use hollow points in the commission of a crime...Go figure...

You can own them, shoot them, use them for defense just don't use them in a crime.

And yes sell them in a private sale.

Use in a crime is the least of anybody's worries. Possession of hollowpoints is illegal except under certain circumstances.

I'd like to hear your 12 step program.

It's not transport issues. It's possession issues. You are only allowed to possess them at certain places. Or transporting between some (but not all) of them.

OK, I've fallen off the wagon...

Where is that place where you can't posess them? In Church?

OK, I've fallen off the wagon...

Where is that place where you can't posess them? In Church?

Pretty much everywhere you can't possess a handgun. Which, in Jersey, is almost everywhere.

Except, you can possess a handgun while moving to a new residence but you can't possess hollowpoints while doing so.

What did I miss?