Sign in to follow this  
MosinRob

My ff and fff debate put to rest

I went to the range today to test a theroy that people keep saying. All I hear is 3f cleaner, shoots better and 100 more things. So I finally took my .45, .50, .54, .58 Rifles. Also my .54, and .44 pistol. All are percussion except the .44 is a percussion revolver. So i loaded with the same volume charge that i use ff for. Then went in 5gr increments +/- 15gr. All guns were horrible with it except the .45 and .44. I could not get any good groups with the others. One old timer told me at a match, .50 cal an up get ff. Now I will pretty much live by it. I'm not saying all guns will be like mine, but it was nice to put it to bed. cheers

I went to the range today to test a theroy that people keep saying. All I hear is 3f cleaner, shoots better and 100 more things. So I finally took my .45, .50, .54, .58 Rifles. Also my .54, and .44 pistol. All are percussion except the .44 is a percussion revolver. So i loaded with the same volume charge that i use ff for. Then went in 5gr increments +/- 15gr. All guns were horrible with it except the .45 and .44. I could not get any good groups with the others. One old timer told me at a match, .50 cal an up get ff. Now I will pretty much live by it. I'm not saying all guns will be like mine, but it was nice to put it to bed. cheers

It's far from put to rest.....now you just have to try it with all the different brands of real black........GOEX, Diamond Back, Kik, Swiss, Schuetzen, I think that's it.........since I'm told Graf's and Son is just Schuetzen with a different label.

My personal favorite is the 2010 lot of Kik......easy,accurate, and clean even with full house loads for that boomy feel.