Sign in to follow this  
aguilar64

A good inexpensive site/store to buy 308 ammo (brass)

Its tough rite now. I just sold off a lot of my surplus. I shooting all hand loads now witch is cheaper to make than any available surplus at the moment. I used to buy milsurp for about .30 a round but that has all dried up. If you want to put a lot of rounds down range reloading may be something to consider. I can make very high quality, clean ammo for about .28 per round. If you wanted to make some blasting ammo it could be less yet if you shop around for components.

The two sites I check regularly are www.sgammo.com and www.ammoman.com. Once in a while you will find a good deal there, at least when a good deal exists.

Ken

New to 308 world and wondering is 1000rds for $600 is the usual price? :suicide:

$0.60 a round for 147 grain surplus or equivalent blasting ammo? It's in the neighborhood of what I have seen the last year. $530-640 for 1000 depending on what it is. Anything remotely nice has been over $0.80 a round, closer to a buck a round.