It's been 2 months tomorrow I called my police department they said the state is backed up and may bay be another 90 days. You think they're bsing me?

I know it is supposed to be 2 months... But I have seen 3 months on average. Mine took 11 weeks almost 2 years ago....

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

Your local PD is bullshitting you.

Call the State Police Firearms Unit and give them your info. When they tell you they haven't seen your paperwork, go back to your police department with that information and the State Policeman's name.

Follow the recommendations above. It really depends how much you want to push the issue.

You can do nothing, and maybe get it eventually.

You can call them periodically to inquire about the status.

You can contact the NJ2AS for info. Call the State PD. Contact your local officials. Send the department itself written statements depending they comply with the law. Tell them you will seek action against them (as a department or individually), etc.

Or somewhere in between any of these things.

However if you decide not to do much, don't expect them to do much about getting you your FPID.

What should I say to nj2as

It's been 2 months tomorrow I called my police department they said the state is backed up and may bay be another 90 days. You think they're bsing me? What would you recommend I do?

Ha!!!! you think 2 months is forever, try 10-11 months... yes that's how long my initial FID took, and permits takes about 2-3 months depending on where you are; for me it's usually 3-4 months. Good luck with the wait.

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk

Ha!!!! you think 2 months is forever, try 10-11 months... yes that's how long my initial FID took, and permits takes about 2-3 months depending on where you are; for me it's usually 3-4 months. Good luck with the wait.

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk

Yikes...I'm in Hudson County myself, where exactly are you located? 10-11 months is ridiculous. I'm presently waiting for my FID and 2 P2P's.

well calling the State Police Firearms Unit paid off to day for my girlfriend. I found the number and told her to call and ask about her P2P that she should of had already. she put in her permit at the same time as her friend, and the friend received her permit over a month ago. now, for the last several weeks she has called once a week to check ( immediate response is " when its in you'll get a call") and stopped in 2 times to which the trooper behind the window looked quickly in a pile of papers and says its not there. when she called the fire arms unit today they informed her that the paperwork was sent to the local barracks back in august. armed with this information she then called the barracks and they magically found the paperwork after a song and dance... and the kicker is that they HAVE had it since august and have been calling the wrong number for it to be picked up! so she informed the sgt in charge of this that she would be there to pick it up today... when she got there the trooper behind the window couldnt find it and started the usual. its not here when its in you'll get a call yada yada... needless to say she got steamed at this point and in an aggravated fashion explained that it is indeed there and that she spoke with the sgt already etc. so after that last song and dance. she now has her new hand gun that has been paid for and sitting in the store for over 3 months. now shes happy and anxious to fire some rounds through it.

so after this long winded story... its worth it to call trenton to see if they have done their part.