this_is_nascar

Bullet and Firearm Tax Proposal in Chicago

Here's another example of proposals and decisions being made by those with good intentions (I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt), but who are missing the common sense behind all of this. The gangbangers won't care about this tax, since they're using illegally obtained funds to get their guns and ammo anyway. This will only impact the law abiding gun owner. What a shame.

Let's hope that our leaders here in NJ don't get any ideas because of this.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/49458564/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts

Wow! A nickel per bullet? That's 20% on a box of 9mm. Over 100% on a brick of .22LR! Absolutely ridiculous. And they somehow think it will curb crime? Like the shop owner said in the article, who is going to continue shopping in that county?

But wait...I thought guns are pretty much banned in Chicago already? Why should they need to do anything to curb gun violence there? There shouldn't be any as it is, right? Right?

More of the same old same old. It is the vicious cycle of government fed by well-meaning but misguided and short sighted politicians that believe government is the answer to every problem. It generally goes like this:

1) Criminals use guns to do bad things so we need to ban guns and ammo.

2) Government passes a law to restrict the law abiding from purchasing and owning guns and ammo.

3) Criminals ignore the laws and crime rises as the law abiding are no longer legally capable of defending themselves against the armed criminals.

4) Crimes committed with guns rise exponentially

5) Government citing the increased crime rate without taking any responsibility for their previous actions looks to find ever more meaningless and creative ways to further limit and restrict the law abiding from accessing guns and ammo

6) Rinse and repeat until enough people actually figure out government is the problem and begin to vote for politicians that will correct the problem by limiting government's interference

Guns are a microcosm for just about every political problem we face as Americans. For those of you here too young to remember, Reagan was right;

:lol:

.... like I said, I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt. There are many politicians with good intentions, who are misinformed and misguided. It doesn't make them bad people, just misinformed and misguided. I'm not claiming either in the case of this article, but rather making a generalization.

It isn't just Chicago , it is Crook .... I mean ... Cook County IL

"Cook County Board President Toni Preckwinkle will submit a budget proposal Thursday that calls for a tax of a nickel for each bullet and $25 for each firearm sold in the nation's second-largest county, which encompasses Chicago."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cook_County,_Illinois

"There are over 130 incorporated municipalities in Cook County, the largest of which is Chicago, which makes up approximately 54% of the population of the county. That part of the county which lies outside of the Chicago city limits is divided into 30 townships."