Krdshrk

Dick's Sporting Goods Black Friday Deals

I think a not-so-awesome safe you own always beats an excellent safe you don't. I too would like the modular, fire proof for hours, can't be broken into by a team of experts type of safes, but a quick show of hands please .. how many people here have had their safe broken into, failed in a fire, etc? For me, if my house catches fire I have bigger concerns then the guns. Most residential safes can be broken into by people who know what they are doing. I'd say get a safe that keeps the casual burglar or child away, so not one of the soft sheet metal cabinets, but get something now rather then the ideal thing never.

Wellll, I have to agree for the most part, Something is better then nothing at this moment. I am in a townhouse complex, and no room on the first floor, so has to go up in a little nook on the second floor. So, weight for one, has to be considered. I ordered online the F&S 32 + 6, you get an additional 20% off until tomorrow, which almost takes care of shipping. I dont have a truck, or really access to one. and at least this way, they deliver into the house, or as they say. The first threshold. After that, I can get my neighbor who I powered his aquarium for the 12 days we were without power, and just go rent an appliance dolly from Home depot, and will get it upstairs. And when I move out of here, and into a more formal residence. Iw ill get what I really want and when the budget allows it.

Kinda boils down to "Don't let perfect be the enemy of good".. Don't wait trying to find, or afford, the perfect safe if there is one that meets your needs and budget immediately available. Worse-case you can always try to sell it if/when you find Safe nirvana.

Oh.. and the Dick's near my house is right next to a Best Buy. No F'n way I'm going near that place this week.