PDM

Heine Straight 8 Sights

So, I've decided to have night sights mounted on my HK pistol. Very happy with Trijicons on other handguns, but now I'm thinking of putting Heine straight 8 sights on instead. Does anyone have an educated view on them (or the 3 dot Heine for that matter) vs traditional 3-dot sights, based on actual use? Not for competition -- strictly for defensive purposes and the occasional tactical pistol class.

I have that Style on my M9. Honestly I don't even notice a difference in the groups I shoot. As far as defense use, in close quarters I could see how you may be able to squeeze one off a Milli second faster on a torso. When your 2 dots touch, bang.

If you train with it, it will become second nature.

Thanks. HK will do an install (Meprolight green sights) if I send them my slide -- $107 for the sights, $40 labor, plus shipping, which is pretty reasonable. I have a slight preference for Trijicons, but not worth the extra $$. Still considering the Heine sights and if I get those, whether to get the wider notch on the rear sight.

Thanks. HK will do an install (Meprolight green sights) if I send them my slide -- $107 for the sights, $40 labor, plus shipping, which is pretty reasonable. I have a slight preference for Trijicons, but not worth the extra $$. Still considering the Heine sights and if I get those, whether to get the wider notch on the rear sight.

Which HK? That seems high for mepro's. I just bought mine for a P2000 for $82 bucks from optics planet. Used a brass punch (ordered a nylon punch for the future) and small hammer to knock out the old ones, and the new ones tapped right in. Just dont hit the tritium vials. Or get the sights and have a local gunsmith do it if you do not feel comfortable.

I have heinie straight 8's and traditional 3 dot night sights. They both accomplish the same thing. I like the theory of lining up the top and bottom dots on the straight 8's but if I really had to use them in a defense situation I doubt I would remember to do that. Regardless of the tritium or no tritium, I like the sight picture I get with the Heinies, their no snag design for carry, and the ability to rack the slide off a table with one hand if I could not use two hands.