Sign in to follow this  
LynxConcealment

Looking for a reputable AK gunsmith

Hello All,

I've lurked around on this forum for some time before I made an account but i finally did! Hopefully you guys can point me in the right direction or offer some advice. I purchased an Arsenal SGL24 in September. I would really like to have the barrel cut down, rethreaded and fit with a Battlecomp AKBC to meet the minimum required length. It appears that the front sight block is attached or tack welded on to the "cool muzzle cap" installed by Kvar on rifles destined for NJ. Basically I am asking you guys if anyone can recommend a GOOD AK gunsmith to perform this work. Aside from Rifle Dynamics, is there anyone else out there that wouldn't need my rifle for a year+?? Thank you all in advance and I'm sorry if any of my post is unclear or confusing.

Is he located in Paterson, NJ? Does he have a website?

G & S Huntersllc/ Paterson Gunsmithing

(973) 345-4100

438 Main St, Paterson, NJ 07501

I'm keep telling him to get a website going, they are suppose to get it up some time soon...

Was this from the guy in Paterson?

I'm only looking to have the barrel cut down and moving the FSB and permanently attached muzzle break to make it at least 16.25".

Any idea how much that would cost?

Yes this is the place...His name is george, call him.Hes gonna tell you to bring in what you wanna have work done on....I told you in the PM what hes charging me for what i'm haveing done...

Yes this is the place...His name is george, call him.Hes gonna tell you to bring in what you wanna have work done on....I told you in the PM what hes charging me for what i'm haveing done...

You mentioned Texas in the PM that's why I'm asking. Thanks.

How long did he tell you it would take?

This is what I want it to look like.

post-2655-0-37458300-1355520191_thumb.jpg

You mentioned Texas in the PM that's why I'm asking. Thanks.

How long did he tell you it would take?

This is what I want it to look like.

I understand now....Yes i mentioned texas because i also talked to Jim at JBI Armory (in texas) and his quote was on par with what George quoted me......He didnt give me a time frame, but 3 different places i emailed all told me 8-12 weeks....Now they do ALOT of AK's, i dont think it will take george 8-12 weeks, but i will be patient and wait for his call...Gunsmiths dont like to be rushed...LOL

Superbee, mind telling me what he qouted you as well? Thank you.

To cut/ crown,thread my barrel from 21" to 12.5", remove trunnion, pull barrel, machine for my Krebs gb/fsb, pin on my fake can I made, function test fire, quote was 250.00

I'm supplying the AMD length piston also.... Should be done soon from what I'm told....

Pics up when I finish the build.

Just an FYI....I was quoted 350.00 from Arizona Response, and 250.00 from JBI Armory....So George is right in there.....