n4p226r

Sig grip issues.

Thanks. That gray guns video helped a bit. I really need to take a class that will help me with fundamentals. Trigger control and grip. I seem to always have the same issue. Ill upload a target.

Funny thing is the double action shot I am almost always dead on

My left thumb sits right on the slide lock. My right thumb is on top of that. I have never not had the slide lock bak.

It's weird. Sometimes it doesn't happen. Sometimes it's every mag. I'm obviously not very consistent. But I just checked. I've put 1100 rounds through my 9mm and 357sig has 300rds through it so I definitely have some time to work on it

Agree with Joeyd6 - assuming you are right handed - you're most likely slapping the trigger without realizing. Hence the shots are going low and left.

If you can get to RTSP on Saturday or Sunday mornings I can watch and provide some suggestions since I also shoot a Sig (P226).

Think of the fundamentals and then:

• breathe
  • get good sight picture
  • SMOOTH trigger pull to the back
  • be surprised when the gun actually fires
  • Follow through

hth

TheWombat

Ditto on JoeyD and Wombat. Honestly, if you're a relative novice and shooting .357Sig like that at 5 yards you'll be easy to polish!

I will offer the same as Wombat if you are in the south end here - to help you with your grip and trigger work. I'm a pistol instructor and a huge Sig guy (own 210s, 220s, 226s, 229s, 225s, 238s, 2022s). You don't mention if your 229 is an E2 or not, or what trigger configuration you have, but you would not be the first shooter whose grip is not compatible with E2 (I'm one).