Luso

Fastest, easiest, cheapest, simplest way to get the Florida CC permit

I've heard of different ways to do it, want your opinions on the quickest way to do this.

In your experiences, which service in NJ is the most efficient in offering the class, prints, and filing all the paperwork and mailing for you? One stop shopping at a reasonable price. What are the fees as well if you happen to know them?

Here is a few vendors for this. Add 112$ fee to the FL dep of agriculture in addition to the sums.

If you have an NRA basic pistol just the paperwork fees.

http://gunforhire.co...es/ccw-florida/

http://gappnj.com/up...ourses/utfl_ccw

I've seen the GAPPNJ page before but they don't have any classes listed..

here's a brain teaser...I took the NRA basic pistol course back in 2008 when I lived in CT for my concealed carry permit there..I still have the certificate. Even though that is 4 years old, would that be acceptable? I imagine florida must have some sort of time constraint

I've seen the GAPPNJ page before but they don't have any classes listed..

here's a brain teaser...I took the NRA basic pistol course back in 2008 when I lived in CT for my concealed carry permit there..I still have the certificate. Even though that is 4 years old, would that be acceptable? I imagine florida must have some sort of time constraint

The NRA cert never expires and is still good for FL.

If that's you Anthony, I was just about to sing your praises.

He answered my email immediately and gave me the information I was looking for. Looking forward to finding out more on applying for Florida. Not all firearm shops have such quick and friendly customer interaction. Thanks

We had taken NRA basic pistol course previously. We went online, ordered the forms, got our prints at the local PD, did our pictures with a cell phone and our home printer, sent it all out with the checks to FL and got our CCWs. For renewal I splurged and got passport photos at CVS. Cost an extra $12.

+1 for doing it yourself. The forms are easy, generally the hardest part will be scheduling time with your PD to get printed.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

That IS the hardest part. Luckily we have a local detective in our club who has offered to print anyone needing it. Usually if you're polite and make an appointment your local PD will take care of it pretty quickly.

Point is, you don't need a "class" if you have proof of firearms training that includes safety. [Apologies to all those offering classes].

+1 for doing it yourself. The forms are easy, generally the hardest part will be scheduling time with your PD to get printed.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Many PD's refuse to do the manual fingerprinting any longer. Florida requires that an LEO conducts the fingerprinting as I recall.

NJ2AS was running a special at every meeting in conjunction with GFH as I recall. Maybe Frank Fiamingo or one of the other NJ2AS guys will chime in here as they're currently conducting a membership drive (as per an email I received yesterday).