Sign in to follow this  
9X19

NY newspaper releases names and address of gun owners

I for one would actually like to see a similar list for NJ CCW holders, It would help our cause by showing who is covered by the US constitution and who is not and the "value" associated with it.

R u smoking crack? I don't want my name and address for every criminal to see.

R u smoking crack? I don't want my name and address for every criminal to see.

Not smoking anything, I would like to see who is allowed the"right" in NJ, I would like to see NJ's issuing system put trial and show to everyone that you have to be politacally connected/millionaire doner in order to be "allowed" the RIGHT. Since everyone knows retired cops can carry under title 18 they would be moot anyway.

Not smoking anything, I would like to see who is allowed the"right" in NJ, I would like to see NJ's issuing system put trial and show to everyone that you have to be politacally connected/millionaire doner in order to be "allowed" the RIGHT. Since everyone knows retired cops can carry under title 18 they would be moot anyway.

Initially, I only saw four people who appeared in NJ on the Westchester County map. They are a north Jersey Deputy Fire Chief/general manager at a CT & NY lumber company, a NY & NJ podiatrist, a Port Authority Police Lieutenant and the president/owner of Kimber.

Admittedly, I am not at all familiar with the details of NY carry permits. A cursory Google search shows forum results that make it sound like an impossibility for non-residents, but there are also some references to non-resident permit holders who work in NY. All of the people above meet that criteria.

More people appear in NJ as you zoom in, so if you had the time, you could probably eventually find some exceptions to the NY scheme. I guess it would stand to reason that if you can find some examples of exceptions to NY rules, you could probably expect to see the same types of exceptions to NJ law if they were to release similar information. But hasn't it always been like that everywhere since the beginning of time?

I'm wondering if the Deputy Fire Chief is on this forum, since he's clearly into carrying firearms. Maybe he could shed some light on the subject.

Well the parent company, Gannett, also runs the Asbury Park Press, so maybe we'll see the same crap here.

In NJ firearms permits, FPID's etc, are not in the public domain, by statute.