zoid

How the heck did this happen?!!!

I believe that that G34 is dangerous. It wouldn't have happened with a GEN3.

Do you want to sell it?

My son, Reload, Reload and Squib no more. Also, if you happen to show up at my range with your homemade goods, let me know so I can pack up.

Seriously, hopefully, everyone on this forum can learn from this. Did you check the weight of each of your rounds when you were done? Perhaps that is what happened with that .357 revolver at the Easton Fish and Game a while back.

And there have been factory rounds without flash holes, resulting in the infamous "I threw my gun" thread...

And there have been factory rounds without flash holes, resulting in the infamous "I threw my gun" thread...

Oh, I didn't tell you guys how I got the round out?

I threw it into socoms lane. Came right out. Hahaha!

I have had a squib one time so I am familiar. I check

right away. It really was a freak accident. I don't know

if irresponsible is the best term. Unless responsible

means one is free of error. In that case I am highly

irresponsible.

Oh, I didn't tell you guys how I got the round out?

I threw it into socoms lane. Came right out. Hahaha!

I have had a squib one time so I am familiar. I check

right away. It really was a freak accident. I don't know

if irresponsible is the best term. Unless responsible

means one is free of error. In that case I am highly

irresponsible.

lol yes throwing it always works and make sure its not your gun, you should always check it in another gun that way you can throw that one as well

I believe that that G34 is dangerous. It wouldn't have happened with a GEN3.

Do you want to sell it?

My son, Reload, Reload and Squib no more. Also, if you happen to show up at my range with your homemade goods, let me know so I can pack up.

Seriously, hopefully, everyone on this forum can learn from this. Did you check the weight of each of your rounds when you were done? Perhaps that is what happened with that .357 revolver at the Easton Fish and Game a while back.

checking weight of rounds can be tough because the brass weight can differ by atleast 5 - 7 grains in some cases with .45 acp atleast

Do you guys sort your brass and use only the same brass for once batch of ammo?

If you reload, eventually you WILL get a squib. NOBODY is perfect, and sometimes it's not even carelesness on the part of the user... It can also be equipment issues. It happened to me a few months ago. My powder measure/dispenser on my turret press had an issue that I wasn't aware of and inadvertently produced a squib load. I'm extremely careful when reloading and a very detail oriented person... but it still happened. I went to the range and heard the weak "POP" and said WTF? I took a look and saw that the case was never ejected and that the bullet was stuck in the barrel. Had a heck of a time driving it back out, when I got home,as it was a FMJ bullet. I thought hard about what could have possibly happened during the reloading process and troubleshooted until I found the issue. The lever for the powder measure had a rough spot on it that made it stick and it wouldn't fully engage the powder drop. Thankfully I found the problem and the issue was fixed. Anyway, the point I'm trying to make is that SHYTE happens and many times it's not an issue of negligence or carelessness... so people need to think of that before they call someone out. Try to educate people and help them avoid something like this from happening again, instead of putting them down.

After my squib incident, I'd be lying if I told you that I don't check every single powder drop (to make sure the powder did indeed drop) before I put a bullet in the case! No matter how careful you are... there's always a chance that something can go wrong.

happend to me before dont feel bad good thing you caugt it, i didnt catch mine luckly the next round wouldnt chamber. mine was because i had to long of a OAL. the listed OAL for my hollow points were way to long for the brand i was using.

I have had that happen too. The seating die had loosened and I was making 45ACP rounds way too long to chamber/feed in my Colt 1911. Thankfully I just threw them in moon clips and ran them out of my Model 25-2. :)