aguilar64

Colt Hbar Competition Rifle

I have a Colt as posted above and want to sell it but I don't know at what price. I bought it at retail but now I believe is the right time to sell it, what price would you guys recommend. The rifle is the one with 18 inch barrel, detachable handle and the infamous Colt Sear Block. Any suggestions would be very helpful.

Thanks

For what it's worth, the $1000 figure I threw out there was a pretty common price to see for these rifles before all this craziness started. Hell, I bought one brand new for that 2 years ago.

The one you are marketing has the sear block, not a desireable feature. Also it will have the .170 FCG pins, and the large pivot pin. None of which are all that desireable by Colt fans . That's not to say that it isn't a nice rifle, because they are. Just less desireable that lowers with .154 FCG pins, small pivots, and no sear block.

The point I'm making is that a couple of weeks ago, before all this talk of gun bans, these were all over GunBroker for ~$1K. A friend of mine back home in Tx bought one for $850 the beginning of December (without the sear block, and with .154 FCG pins mind you).

With all this panic buying, it's worth what someone will pay you for it, but it's hard to come up with a firm figure. List it on GB and find out.

Regards,

Jeff