Njgunowner

Told you Christie would cave

Oh yeah, we should totally trust him this time..i mean it's not like he ever screwed us over before...right???

Christie1995.jpg

Christie1995001.jpg

All that clearly shows is that what he believes as an appropriate restriction is already in place in the state he governs.

He is not saying it should be expanded.

Not great but his stated preference is neigh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mark my words He will run for president as a democrat. No doubt

He is full of shit, just like every other politician.

I am sure their are people in this country ready to literally fight for there rights. Its happened before.

History repeats itself. "Those who forget are doomed to repeat"

Oh yeah, we should totally trust him this time..i mean it's not like he ever screwed us over before...right???

Christie1995.jpg

Christie1995001.jpg

Christie is a politician, so I trust him about as much as I trust any politician, which is not at all.

However, I do trust him when he says he has his sights set on higher office than NJ Governor. Making NJ's onerous gun laws even more onerous will not earn him a spot on the 2016 Republican ticket. Maybe the Democrat ticket, but not the Republican one.

If you actually listen to what he had to say, it is somewhat encouraging. He brushed off several questions and basically said "we'll see." That's a hell of a lot better than what Cuomo is doing. Christie is actually getting a fair amount of flack from the anti-gun crowd for not coming out and saying that we need more gun laws now. Before slamming him I think we need to see how this develops.

Yup, the only thing that interview established is that he, at this time, is planning on running for POTUS in 2016. He needs to walk a fine line to first get reelected in NJ (where gun control is politically popular) and not ruin his chances in a national election down the road (where gun control is not popular). He doesn't want to end up like Giuliani.

What he was talking about was that he feels mental health, and violent video game and movies need to be figured into the equation as well. Until he signs new guns laws, he hasn't caved on anything. And just be happy he is there and not some ban every gun democrat we have running around Trenton.

Christie is a politician, so I trust him about as much as I trust any politician, which is not at all.

However, I do trust him when he says he has his sights set on higher office than NJ Governor. Making NJ's onerous gun laws even more onerous will not earn him a spot on the 2016 Republican ticket. Maybe the Democrat ticket, but not the Republican one.

Romney?????? And WHAT was the major complaint against him again from us?????

Romney?????? And WHAT was the major complaint against him again from us?????

True, Romney didn't work out too well, did he?

I'm looking at it from what I think is Christie's perspective. I don't think he's going to do something that guarantees him no career after age 55. He has nothing to gain and a lot to lose by supporting even more gun control. Being demonstrably anti 2A will not advance his career.

Christie's bluster might make him a good VP candidate paired with a woman who is more conservative (hopefully, much more conservative). I hope the Republicans as a party have learned something from 2012. But maybe not, they're not called the "Stupid Party" for nothing!

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.