Njgunowner

Told you Christie would cave

I told you guys that no matter what he said previously, he was anti gun and would be wiling to pass new restrictions. I take this statement as him wanting other things as well, but he'd be more than willing to have new bans.

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie ® on TODAY said that despite New Jersey having some of the toughest gun laws in the country, that banning guns is not enough. “I’m willing to have that conversation,” Christie said of a federal ban on powerful, high-capacity weapons, “but you’ve got to deal with these other issues.”

And who knows, maybe I'm reading to much into it but I don't trust him where guns are concerned.

Christie didn't cave. He is one of them. He is a RINO Republican and certainly not a conservative. Make no mistake.

I told you guys that no matter what he said previously, he was anti gun and would be wiling to pass new restrictions. I take this statement as him wanting other things as well, but he'd be more than willing to have new bans.

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie ® on TODAY said that despite New Jersey having some of the toughest gun laws in the country, that banning guns is not enough. “I’m willing to have that conversation,” Christie said of a federal ban on powerful, high-capacity weapons, “but you’ve got to deal with these other issues.”

And who knows, maybe I'm reading to much into it but I don't trust him where guns are concerned.

Usual Politico both ways talk........time will tell................no reason not to send him mass amounts of email/mail/fax/other though.

I think it's all in the context of who publishes the statements correctly. (Not the OP...the media)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/09/chris-christie_n_2438743.html

In the linked article, it's worded a little differently. When pressed on why he couldn't answer whether he supports a ban on assault weapons, he said that it depends. "These are complicated issues," he said. "I'm willing to have that conversation."

I dug this comment from Christie - On "Today," Christie was asked about his 1995 call for a ban on assault weapons in New Jersey. He says it should be up to states to decide.

do you have a link for a video or transcription?

http://www.nypost.co...DijD78vOnGu9ThL

"If all we talk about is just controlling guns we're not doing enough," he said on "CBS This Morning. "We need to talk about mental illness ... and substance abuse."

Drug dealers and the mentally ill....

That's actually better than I expected from the other quote. He's a successful politician, so he's not going to say -- well, he's not going to say the same sort of things that I would say. Of course, I could never get elected to anything.

I think he must realize that if he signs on to this, New Jersey Governor will be the high point of his political career. He's on shaky ground with red state Republicans to begin with, and I think he has the ego to want to run for a national office. As a Republican.

I don't trust the media either :p

My biggest worry with him is that he's trying to get re-elected here, and a good portion of NJ is seriously anti-gun and of those who aren't they only care about their bolt action hunting rifles and shotguns. If he wants a chance as president, he NEEDS to be re-elected in NJ.

If you actually listen to what he had to say, it is somewhat encouraging. He brushed off several questions and basically said "we'll see." That's a hell of a lot better than what Cuomo is doing. Christie is actually getting a fair amount of flack from the anti-gun crowd for not coming out and saying that we need more gun laws now. Before slamming him I think we need to see how this develops.

time to get the letters going to the gov.

Considering our Governor's appetite for confrontation what make you think he wouldn't just wipe his ass with them.....probably during a Town hall, while wearing a pair of tighty whities with "Kiss It" emblazoned on it's rather substantial square footage.

obviously, norah o'dum dum has got to go on the C B S moran show.

check out how badly viewers dislike her on C B S's own link

http://www.cbsnews.c...peId=41&blogId=

as expected she was nasty to Christie

some of the stuff written

"She is unprofessional, rude, and astoundingly biased in her reporting. Have you ever noticed that when she interviews she 1) interupts, 2) gets a nasty look on her face, and 3) starts talking very quickly likes she's angry???"

He's still not our friend, but I don't know if those statements really suggest he has plans to actually go on the offensive. Really, it seems he's just sitting on the fence to avoid the issue hurting him, because it's unlikely he would see a net polical gain by pulling for either side.

I'm thinking we probably just need to make sure he gets regular letters, e-mails & calls from us to make sure he understands what it'll cost him to hop onto the wrong side of the fence.

Watch the whole video segment, don't judge based off of the quotes posted in the articles. The way Christie responds to Matt's questions is much more than we can ask for. He had his chance to say "Yes, ban them all", but instead he pointed towards mental illness and substance abuse. That plays in our favor.

Just think how easy it would be to push him over the edge on our side if 1000 people made it Trenton on Feb 8th.

I wouldn't plan on pushing him anywhere unless you are driving something with a caterpillar engine. Coming to the end of his first term I still don't know what to make of him.

Take this for face value...

Christie is in an election year. It would be really bold of him to sign off on anything that would piss off conservatives and gun owners in the state. I think he's being wishy washy because of the election year. I'm hoping he At LEAST keeps what we have in place and imposes no further gun laws. However I'd like to see many repealed.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

You gotta figure he is running for reelection and maybe a presidential nomination in 2016. Of course he will be on the fence he wants every vote. Right now he has a 73% approval rating so what ever he is doing is working. I think if he wins his reelection bid you will see a more conservative Christie emerge should he decide to run for President. I personally think for a NJ Gov he is not that bad.

As a prosecutor Christie weighed-in as an anti-gun elitist. Perhaps he will flop, or is it flip?

Watch the whole video segment, don't judge based off of the quotes posted in the articles. The way Christie responds to Matt's questions is much more than we can ask for. He had his chance to say "Yes, ban them all", but instead he pointed towards mental illness and substance abuse. That plays in our favor.

Oh yeah, we should totally trust him this time..i mean it's not like he ever screwed us over before...right???

Christie1995.jpg

Christie1995001.jpg

If he keeps talking the way he does and does not cave he could end up being "the guy that is nut a gun nut saying all the logical things we want".

Whatever he says as a governor after he decides will be far more of a guidon than anything Piers Morgan or Wayne LaPierre has to say.

I just hope he is for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk