Old Dog

Anyone worried about NY law coming to NJ?

IWhat I don't understand is how any rational thinking person can believe that the difference between a 7 round magazine and a 10 round magazine will really make a difference.

There isn't actually a person that thinks the 7 round magazine is safer than a 10 round magazine. There are effectively only two groups of people. One group absolutely supports the 2A. The other, larger, group does not absolutely support the 2A. The latter group is more loosely defined -- they range from people that are apathetic to those that want to repeal the 2A. This latter group are waging a war of attrition against the 2A and every new infringement they can sustain, like this new magazine restriction, brings them closer to their goal. Only a minority of this latter group want to repeal the 2A but they direct the entirety of the group as the bulk is apathetic and supports them via acquiescence.

No, your revolver is not banned as of now. But does it matter? We should not be relieved if our specific interests in firearms aren't affected by the current legislation. Thoughts like "I can live with 7 round magazines, that's not too bad", "No worries, tube magazines aren't banned", etc. put us in the latter group and make us part of the problem rather than the solution. [this is not a personal attack on you, I speak to everyone]

Our group is small but we are righteous. Many of us have taken an oath to defend the Constitution, whether it be in solemn public ceremony or in private between a man and his maker. It will be done.. the Second Amendment -- the Constitution as a whole -- will be defended.

While I can see other individual states try it and even with it going through in NY, I can't see it going in every state it's tried in, but I will say, I doubt very seriously that it would ever become the law of the land. The uprise that would happen across the country would be something I don't ever want to see happen.

Also think, NY has the option to sell and get rid of their non compliant mags they own because of this BS passage, but if it was national, then what, where would all the non compliant mags go? Wouldn't the government have to compensate every one being there is no other option?

Sorry I don't see it happening, and before you say it, yes I'm fighting and doing all I can to avert any new BS happening here in the PR of NJ

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do you think the government would care about compensating us for anything they outlaw? I highly doubt they would give a rats-azz. Just think of it as Eminent Domain. These dirtbags will continue to ruin this country. Too many sell-outs, no one has the balls to stand-up and do what's right anymore in our government, local and national. Bunch of pansies. FFL's practically forced to sell guns that went to Mexico and killed our own people, no one has paid for that, except the victims of those guns. No accountability in our government anymore.

Do you think the government would care about compensating us for anything they outlaw? I highly doubt they would give a rats-azz. Just think of it as Eminent Domain. These dirtbags will continue to ruin this country. Too many sell-outs, no one has the balls to stand-up and do what's right anymore in our government, local and national. Bunch of pansies. FFL's practically forced to sell guns that went to Mexico and killed our own people, no one has paid for that, except the victims of those guns. No accountability in our government anymore.

I know Mike, but if they really try to screw the whole country on their 2A rights, well lets say, it probably won't be pretty, not at all, but still not as bad as when would happen when the other amendments have no meaning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

- The folks passing these laws are NOT ignorant, delusional, or even feel good personalities. They are very smart, sneaky bas** with only one goal - make their power centers more rich and dependent

- Asking logical questions WILL NOT get you any logical answers. Again, because they are not stupid and operating under a strict agenda - agenda of selfishness.

So stop asking questions of them such as "well, but this does not solve.....".

- The goal of all these "measures" is never about real safety or children. Its about practically banning everything without being directly labelled as Anti-Constitution.

Its about making it as expensive, inconvenient and infringing as possible. For example many people here ask, "Why 7 , why not 10" ? Simply because they want to stick it to us by making something that doesn't exist, so you cannot simply buy existing stuff. Making new 7s or fixing existing ones costs money.

Again, the end goal is to make it as expensive as possible.

Other things coming in near future one way or the other

- Make FFLs do more of the leg work, and hold them accountable for illegal laws - nazi style of citizens monitoring citizens.

- Stop all interstate firearm commerce by strong arming firearm outlets. Small players are given a stick (ATF visit) and big players are offered a stick and carrot (I am sure Walmart was asking - what can we do for you to make up for lost firearm profits).

Between Patriot Act, the new "enhanced sharing" of information, HIPAA changes and disappearing FFL/Firearm outlets - We are screwed.

Enough ranting for today I guess.

Eminent domain, just like anything that invokes the taking doctrine requires compensation. States largely do not care because they can make an end run around it for most things by saying sell it in a state that it isn't illegal. Federally, it is a much bigger issue, and their usual way of avoiding it is grandfathering.