Sign in to follow this  
TK421

Game changer! Bring on the magazine bans. LOL

Who here owns a 3D printer? Seriously? I never "got" what the hubbub was about this "printable" stuff... I mean WHO owns 3D printers?!?!

I know two people that currently own them, they are starting to show up like any emerging technology as prices are becoming more reasonable; at this point they are already not that expensive, around $2k and prices are dropping every year. A number of people are selling their older printers to fund newer models so the buy-in is actually well under $2k for an older model. Look at the MakerBot which one friend just purchased over the summer. I recall $10 "pre-ban" AR mags selling for $40-$50 during the last ban and they were available online and at every gun show for all ten years during the ban. This time they want to ban their legal transfer in an attempt to dry up that market. The point here is the genie is out of the bottle, anyone criminally inclined has fewer limitations as of today meaning when Cuomo says only criminals and mental cases need them they will surely be able to get them easily but law abiding citizens will the only ones at a disadvantage to defend against them.