dwcheck62

Savage Arms xp 11 trophy .308

I'm just starting to get into Long rifles and came across this one. I'm not long on cash so this seemed to meet my price range of $500-600.

I prefer bolt actions with detachable magazines for easier reloading. I've seen others in this cal (remington 700 / Tikka T3 / Thompson ) but they all seem to be in the next range $700 and up.

If I'm only gonna be at the range 100-200 yards, will I be content with this rifle as a starter.

While I have no particular experience with this particular model, Savage is basically the best 'pound for pound' fighter in the rifle world. Absolutely awesome and the highest value for dollar or Quality-to-Price-Ratio you will encounter, (In my humble opinion of course).

I am a big fan and would not hesitate to buy any number of Savages. My Savage Mark II GXP .22LR is my most accurate and designated long term survival 22 rifle. Absolutely amazing for the stolen price of $150.

I came close or ordering a Savage Precision Carbine 308 before I bought a 700 off the shelf but I probably wanted the Savage more, wanted the waiting time less.

You will most likely be very very happy.